Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant runny nose

Hello,
    Im hoping you guys can help me find a cure for my 5 year old's constant runny nose. She has had this runny nose vey often since age 2. She has dark circles around her eys and is always sniffing. the mucous is usually clear. She was a vaginal birth and was presented with a broken clavicle at birth. She was never breast feed and has had immunizations. She is a very sweet child gets aloong with everyone and like to stay awake late. She has taken Zyrtec Nasonex for this. she also took some homeopathic remedies some time ago but I dont recall which ones. I hope thats enough info.

Thank you
    Chanel

HI Chanel,

If this is a chronic problem we're going to need much more info that that!
    More physical generals, milestonnes, and mental characteristics would help.

Its the acute problems one can prescribe on with just a little specific info.

doctorleela
    http://www.homeopathy2health.com

Comment

Her is more information. She is taller than the average 5 year old. She is the tallest child in her class. She tends to have dry skin. Started walking when she was 9- 10 months old. She didnt really start to talk until she was approximately 3 years old. I took her to the doctor to have her hearing and speech tested. At that time she was very shy with strangers but generally happy at home playing with her siblings but still talked very little. She was toliet trained at age 18 months. She still sleepps with her 9 year ol sister. She doesnt like ice in any of her drinks. She enjoys playing pretend with her dolls. She loves to dance most of all and love arts and crafts. She has started losing her teeth. She has not lost her 2 front teeth. If more infoirmation is needed let me know.

Comment

Hi Chanel,

COuld you tell me more about
        her fears,
        perspiration,
        whether she feels hot or cold more,
        how was your pregnancy,
        ahything else peculiar about her nature etc.

doctorleela

Comment

Up until about 3months ago she was terrified of ants. If there were ants in the family room she wouldnt go in there. If she was in the room and saw one she would scream hysterically until someone came and picked her up. She is no longer afraid of ants but is still afraid ofg other insects. She is usually hot when everyone else is cold. She waswas burned with hot water on her right upper arm when she was 3 years old. I thought that would make her fear hot things but she doesnt. My pregnancy was normal with her. I wnt into labor on my due date. But the night I went into labor I was very stressed because my mom went into what we found out was a psychosis episode and would talk and thought we we trying to poison her. She we rushed my mom to the hospital and later that night I went into labor.
          She used to wake up screaming in the middle or of the night. She likes to stay awake very late.
          She had the chicken poxs when she was 2 years old.
          She seems to be constantly hungry lately and complains of a tummy ache prior to saying she hungry, like,"My tummy hurts, Im hungry". Nothing seems to make the condition worse or better it seems to be constant. I hope thats enough info.

Comment

Hi Chanel,

I would think a dose of Phos 30 would help her a great deal.
            My second choice would be Calc Phos due to the milestones, etc. But she's not chilly from what I understand.

So keep us posted on how she does.
            All the best,
            doctorleela

Comment

Nat Mur would also be a consideration, but I would like to see more reserve in her nature and seriouness as opposed to sweet nature, fearfulness and shy of starngers.

Comment

Hi,
                I was considering trying the Na Mur. It was suggested by someone who emailed me' then you mentioned it. She is no longer fearful or shy of strangers. That was about 3 years ago. In fact she's more outgoing and loves to dance in front of anyone including strangers. But she isnt a child who would approach a stranger because she has be warned about strangers. But if I tell her the person is ok there is not fear either way. With that info is it ok to go with the Nat Mur 30c 5 tabs one time as recommened?

Comment

Many of the characteristics point either to Nat Mur or Phos. There are many other characteristics to differentiate the two rmedies, but one would need a more complete history to do so.

You may try Nat Mur if you like and give it time to act. BUt somehow the "feel" of the case is more for Phos from the first post when you described her. NAt Mur is emotionally reserved and is comfortable with solitude and being alone. WHile Phos is emotionally expressive and friendly and wants company all the time.

SO if Nat Mur shows no changes in about 2 weeks, I think you should move to Phos.

Comment

Hi,
                    Thank you so much for replying to my post. I gave her theh Nat Mur 5 pellets one time before I went to work yesterday. When I returned home her nose was no longer running! She is doing wonderfully! She still has the dark circles but Im guessing that will clear up after a while

Thank you
                    Chanel

Comment

Hi,
                      The test will come over time. The disappearance of a symptoms is not cure. One has to evaluate the conditions and imporvement in general to know if a cure occured (recurrence of sympotms, new problems, old problems, etc). In fact I'm a little sceptical if a symptom that has been there for so manh onths just disappears overnight!

In the repertorization, both NAt mur and Phos covered most sympotms (physical and mental). Nat Mur covered the desire to Dance that Phos did not cover it, but then Phos also loves to be outgoing and sociable.

So over time, we'll know whether Nat Mur is all she requires to help her out completely or she'll need another deeper remedy.

Comment

Hello,
                        You were right. Her nose started running again yestrday. There are no new symptoms. Where do i go from here?

Comment

Well, I wrote last night that there were no symptoms. She woke up this morning complaining of feeling cold. I dressed her warmly and sent her off to school. Well, I just picked her up. She has fever of 103, still feels cold and has a headache. The stomach flu is prevelent in our town now. Her brother just had a case of diarhea and vomiting could it be she has contracted that? So where do I go from here?

Comment

SHe would probably need an acute remedy for the infection. It does not necessarily mean that Nat Mur has not worked.

More information needed on her other general symptoms - thirst, tongue coating, state of mind, food cravings and desires, other modalities with the fever etc.
                            You've told us that she is Chilly with the flu, and that's about all.

Comment

I think you could repeat the NAt Mur once more. IF it helps, that's good. IF it does not, I suggest you move to a dose of Phos 30.

I never like to change a remedy without giving it enough time to see if its working. And since you gave it first, we'll have to be patient.

Tell us the reponse in a week.
                              doctorleela

Comment

Working...
                              X