Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renal Disease

Hi,

I am going to conduct some research into homeopathy and Chronic Renal Failure and wondered if any homeopath had treated this successfully? By successfully, I mean an improvement in blood figures following the remedy, a reduction in serum creatinnine and urea levels?

Does anyone have published cases of this that have been published in any of the homeopathic journals or does anyone just have straight forward cases of this that they have treated with positive results that they have written up?

I would very much like to hear from anyone who has.

Thanks

Damage to renal parenchyma by any means results in renal failure. This is very difficult situation and needs total investigation. The approach to homeopathic treatment is quite difficult. After nephron damage, there is no medicine to bring life again to them. Except by treating homeopathically actually you try to maintain the level of other intraglomerular hypertension. There are cured cases when the patient was not on dialysis but once the patient gone on dialysis then it become more difficult to treat with either system. It has also been observed that when similimum remedy was given the gap between two dialysis period increased.

In homeopathy long-term prognosis is poor. What you can, you can give quality life to your patients with homeopathic medicine plus by taking helpb from conventional machines which are use for dialysis.

Patient may live long with supportive homeopathic treatment.
    Homeo Dr. Rasheed Khan,
    M.A (Pol Sci), M.A (Islamiat), M.A (History), DHMS (4 years)
    Registered Homeopath in NCH, Pakistan
    Member of P.H.S, PHDA, HPCA & PHMA.

Comment

apis, eel serum, crot-h, staphy and ars are good remedies
      Homeo Dr. Rasheed Khan,

Comment

oh yes never forget plumb
        Homeo Dr. Rasheed Khan,

Comment

Thank you for that.

I do know about the implications for renal disease and how difficult it is to treat, as I have worked on the renal wards for quite a few years with both haemodialysis, CAPD patients and transplant patients.

I have read that a few of the remedies that you stated are are very useful in its treatment, I also read about Opium at times being followed with Apis and also Helleborus.

What I would actually like is case examples from homeopaths who have managed to treat this successfully, whether it is preventing dialysis or helping people manage the effects of dialysis.

Any case examples and any cases that have been written up and published in the homeopathic journals would be most welcome.

Comment

NH, good topic. It will be a serious problem in near future due to Diabetes, High blood pressue and other modren civil causes. If we can do anything for this problem, it will be a great help to the humanity. Kali.Sulph. is also a indicated remedy for 'Uremia' & fatty degeneration. But we have to find some remedy for tissue damage, just check the Silicea (as indicated for necrosis). While patient is on dialysis, one has to be bit carefull with both treatments alongwith.

Best wishes.
            Homeopathic & Biochemic system existed because Drs.Hahnemann & Schuessler thought differently.
            Successful people don't do different things, they do things differently..Shiv Khera

Comment

search engine came with the following results

http://www.hpathy.com/cases/crotalus_deborah.asp

http://www.hpathy.com/forum/display_...PagePosition=1
              Moalij
              is your close friend.

Comment

Thanks for that. I missed the Crot C case.

Keep the cases coming if you can.

Comment

Oh, another good place for discussion. thanks for the link

Is that place is tension free?
                  Homeo Dr. Rasheed Khan,

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Rasheed Khan
                    Damage to renal parenchyma by any means results in renal failure. This is very difficult situation and needs total investigation. The approach to homeopathic treatment is quite difficult. After nephron damage, there is no medicine to bring life again to them.
                    Dr. Rasheed & NH,

This is & will be most serious pathology. Can we try to find some remedies which can have slighest chance of curing the structural damage to kidneys? Can you explain this damage in detail so that we can try?

Best Wishes.
                    Homeopathic & Biochemic system existed because Drs.Hahnemann & Schuessler thought differently.
                    Successful people don't do different things, they do things differently..Shiv Khera

Comment

Well, one Indian homeopath that I spoke to recently said that he treated his cases of renal disease by firstly looking at the miasmatic background of the patient very carefully. He then gave a dose of a chronic remedy that fitted the totality of the chronic picture and would then at the same time adminster an organ support remedy for the kidneys in a low potency.

He felt that if there was any residual function left in the kidneys, an organ support remedy in a low potency directed at the kidneys would help, but it had to be in conjunction with the best indicated chronic remedy given on the totality of symptoms.

Comment

Does he claim to correct the Structural damages caused to Kidneys on renal failure or his treatment just correct some functional problem where kidneys are not actually damaged?

Comment

What he was saying was that with the use of an organ support remedy in conjunction with the chronic remedy, that it would stimulate the residual organ function that was left.

By all accounts, he has been very successful and has decreased the need for dialysis and has had some patients where dialysis has been withdrawn completely.

Comment

It looks good to know the same. But we should be more concerned about the pre & post stages of kidney's structural damage. Can we do something to reverse the damaged organic function of kidneys? Pls tell me how kidneys are damaged structurally?

Comment

Structural damage to the kidneys can be caused by Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD). This is a genetically inherited condition where the kidneys are full of cysts that can rupture. The kidneys enlarge because of these causing haematuria and a lot of pain. This can lead to renal failure, but not always. One homeopath told me that some years ago, he cured a man of PKD completely with his chronic remedy.

Diabetes is a major cause of renal failure and structural changes can occur here due to the imbalances of glucose within the system over long periods.

Inflammatory conditions such as glomerulornephritis can cause destruction of the nephrons within the kidney. These will not regenerate once lost, so this would count as structural damage. Renal function will be imparied with this, as the nephrons are functional units within the kidney.

Other diseases such as Lupus, autoimmune disease can affect the kidneys. Also viruses and vasculitis and some other things.

All these have the potential of causing structural damage to the kidneys and thereby reducing funcition.

Comment

Working...
                              X