X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hrly
    started a topic Trigeminal Neuralgia

Trigeminal Neuralgia

Does anyone know of ANYTHING that will help Trigeminal Neuralgia pain. I've had this torture for 5.5 years now, and no medicines have worked. I need help from somewhere.

Thanks ,
    hrly

• Fredric
    replied
    Trigeminal neuralgia

I think the original cause of damage to my trigeminal nerve was due to a mugging I had received several years before my attacks began. I was severely beaten on the left side of my face-my left cheek swelled to about an inch further left than would be considered normal.Anyway, remember that these bouts with neuralgia occurred app. 10 yrs. ago so some of my memories may not be as specific as I would like.They would begin with an uncomfortable numbness of that side,progressing to the most excruciating pain I have ever felt.{I ,in my youth had passed 11 kidney stones and now I would endure the pain of renal colic than have another trigeminal attack}.One thing I do remember was the perfect symmetry of the area affected.It would extend fromthetop and bottom teeth on the left {never the right},extend along top and bottom gums ,outside of left cheek to the back of jaw.Why I used aconite was because of the sudden extreme fear of the forthcoming pain.But, as I said before, there are several remedies in Kent for this malady, so,Please don’t run out to your health food store and buy abottle of acontum napellus.Do your utmost to confer with an accomplished homeopath who, hopefully has had success with this.I did read years later in Wm. Boericke, materia medica, 9th edition that aconite was one of treatment of left-sided neuralgia ,but other remedies,in general, are listed for this malady. Read his aconite symptomolgy -you will see aconite in italics 1st choice for left. sided trigeminal neuralgia. Hope you find your similimmum.Best regards,Fredric.
    Last edited by Fredric; 1st April 2009, 08:39 PM. Reason: quoted wrong author

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    replied
    Dear Fredric
    If possible when you have some time could you post more details on the background details of your case. Many can learn from case history examples posted on public forums.
    Please tell us more........................................

Leave a comment:

• Fredric
    replied
    Trigeminal neuralgia

About ten years ago , I had had several bouts with this "demonic" malady, so ,going only on mentals in the middle of one these bouts, I was able to ingest 5 pilules of aconite,6x. in about 30 seconds, the pain completely vanished{this had never happened before -have'nt had an attack since.Caution-Please don't conclude this would be similimmum for cases -yrs. later I read in Kent, this was a possible rem. for left sided tri.neuralgia.Best regards,Fredric.

Leave a comment:

• Hahnemannian444
    replied
    I didn't read this because I don't have time, but I noticed helpful assistance was attempted by Similibus. It's tough to do online, though.

Hrly, I noticed you're in North Carolina. George Guess, M.D., is in Ashville. He pushed an outrageous case against him to the U.S. Supreme Court, but they wouldn't hear it, the morons. Try him, dear.

Leave a comment:

• Cuallito
    replied
    Look here:

National Center for Homeopathy - Find a homeopathy practitioner

Leave a comment:

• OldStyle
    replied
    From a cell salt perspective, it would seem that Biochemic Phosphates would be the starting point for treatment, as they contain the key phosphates for neuralgic pain (Mag Phos) and nerve inflamation (Ferr Phos).

Silica 6X would be an adjuvant to help nerve sheath integrity, taken after a day or two without pain.

Leave a comment:

• Similibus
    replied
    I have no opinion to offer on Dr Shah - he may well have developed a satisfactory method of taking cases by telephone and online. Most homeopaths like to meet the patient in person for the first consultation at least, because the initial case history is So important, and because cases taken by other means would be a little one-dimensional. Even video-conferencing lacks certain dimensions. Clear cases, with striking characteristic symptoms would be easier to manage in this way, but deep-seated, complex cases would be virtually impossible IMO.

Leave a comment:

• hrly
    replied
    Dr. Shah

Has anyone done any research on Dr. Shah in India? Here is the link

http://www.trigeminalneuralgia.us/ap...ity-result.asp

Hrly

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    replied
    Dear Hrly

What is the relationship between symptoms and homeopathy?Symptoms are the language of a disease — the body’s attempt to balance itself. Without symptoms, a person could have a potentially life threatening illness with no way of identifying it.

Many conventional drugs try to inhibit and suppress symptoms — sometimes leading to even more serious symptoms.
    Conventional (allopathic) physicians do not usually recognize the new series of symptoms as being related to the old.
    Thus, they treat them as new and unrelated problems.

Did you know that a fever is the body’s attempt to activate the immune system’s white blood cells and defend itself from infection? If a person is given a symptom-supressing medication — fighting the fever — too soon, they will be less able to fight the actual infection. Homeopathy does not seek to remove or suppress symptoms.
    Its goal is to recognize and remove the underlying cause of these symptoms.

This is why a homeopath will work toward understanding the whole person — including their body, mind and emotional state — before prescribing a remedy.

How can the correct homeopathic remedy be found?

Finding the appropriate homeopathic remedy depends upon gaining a complete understanding of the patient as a whole person. This means that the homeopath must take note of the physical, mental and emotional levels of each person before deciding on a correct remedy.

While this might seem like a simplistic and trendy view of homeopathy, it is true that remedies are specially "designed" for individuals based upon their unique, and sometimes complex, state of being. Take for example migraine headaches. We could easily demonstrate that one person might have pain on one side of their head, while another person had pain on both sides. Still another person could have nausea accompanying the migraine, and yet another could have dizziness. It is important to recognize that, in addition to the person’s physical symptoms, there are underlying psychological and emotional aspects as well.

Homeopathic remedies are only given when the total continuum of physical and psychological symptoms has been identified.

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    replied
    See A typicalExample Casetaking questioneer.

These normally take aprox 2 hours to answer.Sorry What you have cannot be "fixed" via a discussion forum............................................. ..
    1-proper casetaking
    2-proper potency selection
    3-indiv. dispensing of remedies
    4-case management by homeopath
    5-follow up appts must be maintained
    6-close one on one interaction with your personal homeopath

only by this means can one have success,there are no shortcuts

What The Doctor Needs To Know

James Tyler Kent Quote:

"We receive many letters from patients asking for medicine for some specified disease by name and not mentioning any symptoms upon which we can base an intelligent prescription.
    The homoeopathic physician has no remedy for the name of a disease.
    Homoeopathy is an exact science. It is based upon a natural law, and the true physician must prescribe in accordance with this law of nature.
    Homoeopathy has no specific for any disease by name, but it has a true specific for each individual case of disease........................................... .................................................. ......."

Leave a comment:

• Similibus
    replied
    Hi hrly

You have atypical TN. Here's some text from the Wikipedia article:

"There is a variant of trigeminal neuralgia called atypical trigeminal neuralgia. In some cases of atypical trigeminal neuralgia, the sufferer experiences a severe, relentless underlying pain similar to a migraine in addition to the stabbing pains. This variant is sometimes called "trigeminal neuralgia, type 2"[5], based on a recent classification of facial pain[6]. In other cases, the pain is stabbing and intense, but may feel like burning or prickling, rather than a shock. Sometimes, the pain is a combination of shock-like sensations, migraine-like pain, and burning or prickling pain. It can also feel as if a boring piercing pain is unrelenting. Some recent studies suggest that ATN may be an early development of Trigeminal Neuralgia."

While I have not taken a full case history by any means, it is already becoming clear that you have a lack of homeopathic symptoms (e.g. modifying factors), which suggests to me that your TN is the result of some specific cause, e.g. after an immunisation, a medication side effect, or after a specific shock or stress.

Originally posted by hrly View Post
    I take ambien to sleep, think I was taking that before face pain started. Firt time I went to doc 5.5 years ago it was just a tingle, and he said it was stress, took all kinds of different antidepressants.
    It seems that you already had some health issues prior to the development of the TN. This would need to be investigated at some length before a reliable prescription can be made. We try to help people on these forums whenever we can, but I'm afraid that your case is not suited to this format. I would encourage you to take Gina's advice and seek out a reputable homeopath in your area. What would you be prepared to pay to be free of your condition?

Here is what Dr Ramakrishnan, one of the worlds leading homeopaths, has to say on the homeopathic treatment of TN:

"Trigeminal neuralgia is an exciting area to work with for the reason that the patient comes in acute agony, and with homeopathy you can give him immense relief and, if that is not enough, long lasting cure. What more can a physician ask for towards his job satisfaction.?"

From the information that you have provided Arsenicum Album 200c, (3 pills in water, one sip every 2 minutes - up to a maximum of 10 sips) should help to control the pain. Possible 'curative' medicines are Kali-Carb, Phosphorous and perhaps Sanguinaria. However, it is impossible to differentiate between these medicines due a lack of homeopathic symptoms suggesting that a specific cause, as yet unidentified, needs to be addressed. I repeat that you should NOT attempt to self prescribe for your condition, but should seek a full consultation with a reputable homeopath in your area.

I am sorry that we cannot be of more assistance.
    Kindest regards
    Sim

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    replied
    www.homeopathic.org

Practitioners

indicates aprox 13 homeopaths listed for NC (North Carolina) there are more not listed in the directory,not all homeopaths list their names in this book,call the NATIONAL CENTER FOR HOMEOPATHY and speak to a rep,directly (phone is in the link i posted)

You wont find a homeopath around every street corner like you do with conventional MD's,It most likely will require some effort in travel,this is common with most patients seeking homeopaths in the USA.But well worth it...............................................

Leave a comment:

• hrly
    replied
    Tn

I guess I don't have a specific reason for not wearing a hat or scarf, guess I've just never gotten into the habit.
    I guess if would depend how far I would have to travel to see someone in homeopathy as money has gotten tight after paying dr. bills and hospital bills in the course of 5 years.
    So if you do have any suggestions, I would love to hear them
    thanks,
    hrly

Leave a comment:

• Similibus
    replied
    Hello hrly,

Certainly your best course of action is to find a reputable homeopath for a full consultation. If there is not one in your area, perhaps you would consider travelling? The correct homeopathic medicine can bring much relief to people with TN - often there will be no recurrence of the pain after 3 - 6 months of treatment. It can be very tedious attempting to go through this process on a forum - we could have had this conversation in less than 5 minutes in a face to face consultation!

I need to know the specific reasons that you do not like to wear a hat or scarf?

E.g. - it messes your hair up.
    E.g. - it makes your scalp itch.
    E.g. - you prefer to keep your head cool generally.
    E.g. - you do not like the tightness of a headband around your head.
    E.g. - you do not suit hats.
    E.g. - any other reasons.

Please take your time to think about your answer - it is another very important question.
    Many thanks
    Sim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X