Remedies and clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedies and clothing

Hi all. A question: what are some of the major remedies where the patient is worse from tight fitting clothing?

Yes there are a number of remedies, but it depends on where on the body it is. A classic symptom for Lachesis is that they cannot bear any tight around neck and waist

Dr. Mose

Comment

Thank you, that's exactly what I was wondering about. I loathe ties and turtlenecks, and lately I've found that I am prone to hyperventilation and breathing problems when driving in too tight clothing. With my recent weight gain, that's making travel tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
        Hi all. A question: what are some of the major remedies where the patient is worse from tight[-]fitting clothing?
        From Kent's REPERTORY [link: :]KENT1345

Originally posted by Kent's REPERTORY (K1308)

CLOTHING, intolerance of : Am-c., Apis., ARG-N., arn., asaf., asar., Bov., Bry., CALC., Caps., Carb-s., Carb-v., Caust., chin., coff., con., CROT-C., Crot-h., Graph., Hep., ign., kali-bi., kali-c., kali-n., kreos., LACH., LYC., Nat-s., NUX-V., olnd., ONOS., op., Puls., Ran-b., Sanic., Sars., Sep., Spig., SPONG., Stann., sulph., Tarent.

--- woolen : Phos., psor., puls., Sulph.

--- loosening, amel. : Am-c., arn., asar., Bry., CALC., Cann-i., Caps., Carb-v., Caust., chel., chin., coff., Hep., LACH., LYC., NIT-AC., NUX-V., olnd., op., Puls., ran-b., Sanic., Sars., Sep., Spig., Spong., Stann., Sulph.
        A whole series of questions would precipitate from that interesting statement. Having heard it many times before and wanting to produce some precision to the complaint, my favorite one: Does that mean you want to shed your clothes and streak in front of cops? Worse how? Worse why? Worse when? Worse where on your body? Worse in any particular weather or time of the day? Worse from any particular kind of clothes? Man or woman?

Better, how do you know you're worse from tight-fitting clothes? Do you go crazy if you wear tight-fitting clothes? Restated, you or your parts are worse? If the latter, which parts? If the former, what happens? Then come those questions again and more.

It goes on and on until we've exhausted every possible detail about this interesting complaint. Basically, they all revolve around four parameters because well-taken symptoms often show at least three of them and often all four:

modalities
        concomitants

Reading well-taken symptoms in Hahnemann's MATERIA MEDICA PURA and THE CHRONIC DISEASES (available online: Books Online) readily shows one these details in those four parameters. Allopaths have no clue about this, but who is surprised?

If we consider the four Laws of Cure, statements like this often explode with unexpected details. For instance, on the basis of the one involving time: What came before this? Lots more questions, too.

See, it's just plain difficult and extremely tedious to do homeotherapeutics and fundamentally impossible online unless one perceives something of a gestalt and then jumps to the chase by asking direct questions. I'm not that savy about the homeopathic materia medica, though, and doubt that anyone today is with over 2600 drugs in our pharmacopia.

Nonetheless, answers to those questions should produce interesting responses helpful to students. Give a go, please.

God bless!
        Albert, also Hahnemannian444B
        www.GiggleBoggleJabbleGooby.com/HaHa and www.Google+.com/AlbertHahnemannian.com and www.Tumblr.com.AlbertHahnemannian.com and
        http://www.cityevents.tv/Cetah444

Comment

Well I've been slow in responding. Since you asked me to elaborate, I shall.

I've recently gained weight for reasons I'll elaborate upon in a bit. This has made clothing rather tight, especially around the middle. So my pants are pretty tight, especially in the beltline.

Now, I have a different build than most men. Most overweight men carry all their weight in their belly but are pretty skinny below the waist. My father is like this: massive gut, skinny legs. Not me. I have very thick legs and a fat rear end. So even though my weight is pretty high, around 270, it's spread out so much I don't look it.

The real problem is when sitting, particularly in my car. I've noticed my anxiety tends to go up in the car. Much of that is probably due to being impatient and hurried. When I get in the car, I want to get to my destination as fast as possible. So I cannot stand slow drivers who don't get out of the way.

But I've also noticed that there is something about the way I sit in the car seems to push my abdomen up and make me struggle to breathe. I take deep breathes because I can't respire easily. Combine being seated with tight clothing and anxiety while driving and I have some very difficult drives.

When I get like this, it feels like my ribs can't expand enough to let me take in all the air I need. Eventually my face starts to numb, as do my left hand and foot. The right is ok, for some reason. A strange twist is my nose goes dry when I do this as well, even though I am mostly breathing through the mouth. I've noticed I tend to make rapid intakes of breath through my nose. It's gotten to the point I keep a nasal saline wash in my car.

This hyperventilation has a direct connection to anxiety. If I get nervous on a drive, I'm sucking in air hard and writhing in the seat, trying to get comfortable. What's even worse is altitude impacts me. I live in southern California, in a mountainous area, and I can tell you that going up just as high as 1,200 feet above sea level makes it worse. Last August I was driving to Las Vegas. I had to ascend a mountain road to an elevation of 4,000 feet above sea level. By 3,000 feet, I was gasping for air so badly I nearly fainted and my extremities were going numb. I had to pull over and call my old homeopath (who has since retired). he assured me there is no altitude sickness at 3,000 feet, but I knew otherwise.

I've tried doing unconscious mind work, asking why this is happening. The feeling/image I get back is it's nerves over going into a new/different/unfamiliar area. This is annoying because I was never like that. In my 20s, when I had moved out of my parents home, I used to wander all the time. I called it "exploring," like I was de Gama or Veranzanno. I never got hurt. Never was put at risk. But somewhere along the way, around the time I moved to California, I got scared to go to new places and would hyperventilate in fear.

My weight gain has been due to a problem that's plagued me for about 2 years now, with no relief. If I go too long, my vision starts to feel strained and I feel light headed. I can't move quickly or I'll fall over. Hypoglycemia, right? Well, I've repeatedly tested my blood. It has never been below 94 even when it's at the worst, and after dinner it hits between 115 and 140. My A1c is 5.3, which puts me at low risk for diabetes.

The problem isn't food because only specific foods ameliorate the problem. Fruits, sweets, a sandwich, drinks, a bagel, etc, do nothing for me. It HAS to be a solid chunk of meat. If I try eating something like a protein bar, it won't help. If anything it seems to make it worse.

What's worse is I have little time between meals. Depending on the heaviness of the meal, I have 1-4 hours. If I eat a sandwich, with cold cuts, I get an hour or two. If I eat a thick cheeseburger or chicken sandwich, I get 3-4 hours. A friend said this smacks of food malabsorption, that I'm not getting the full hit of nutrients from the food. Funny thing is I don't pass undigested food.

This problem is worst in the morning, least severe in the evening. In the morning, if I don't have an egg-and-sausage breakfast, I am in trouble by 10 am. The other day I had a bowl of cereal instead, having gotten sick of the eggs, and by 10 am I was feeling shaky and my vision starting to go. I had to microwave some sausages and just eat them plain to quiet things down, but that didn't do much.

Of course, dinner is no guarantee. We had fish and chips for dinner, and fish goes right through me. An hour later I was eating a hamburger because I was getting the shakes. I was good for the rest of the night.

I suppose you're wondering about remedies. I've been through 3 doctors in 14 years with little success. I had Arg-Nit in the 90s, went through a bunch in the last decade, more than I can count. Medh 200/1M, Arsenicum 1M/10M, Thuja, Lycopodium, and Sulphur.

One thing that frustrates me: prior to my first visit to a homeopath, I loved flying. Yes, I am afraid of heights. Have been since I was a child. Couldn't climb ladders or trees at all. But I loved being in a plane and looking out the window. My first trip to a homeopath got me a dose of Sulphur 1M, and from that point on, I became a panic-striken traveler, having panic attacks so bad it took every ounce of will to not run off the plane. Even now, the idea of flying terrifies me. I have not flown since 1999 but know I will have to soon. My family back east is getting elderly and I will have to go to funerals sooner rather than later. I will likely need total sedation to make the flight.

Good luck with this one. I've vexed everyone else with this condition. Feel free to ask for specifics. I'll make sure not to take months to come back.

Comment

So did I take too long to reply?

Comment

So, four months later, no one has anything to add?

Comment

Over 8% of the population receives addiction medication which is why addictive disorders must be openly discussed. Serenity addictive disorders and conditions are just like any other illness that can be treated with proper care and management.

Serenity cannabis withdrawal | Serenity codeine withdrawal

Comment

Working...
                X