Voegeli's preceptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Citizen_Jimserac View Post

I have heard that Hempel's translations were bad news but have not had time to investigate why.
    Because he was a low-potency pseudo homeopath, that's why. In fact, as far as I know, with the exception of the Kunzli et al. translation of the 6th edition of Hahnemann's ORGANON in 1982, the only people who have ever translated him were those monsters: Dudgeon, Boericke, Conrad Wesselhoeft, Stratten and Hempel. God, help us!

As with the low-potency pseudo homeopath (LPH) named Timothy Allen and all of the other LPHs who produced materia medicas and therapeutic help books in the 19th century, and just as we today face the same with the GVs , it's a given that those who translated Hahnemann introduced their allopathic biases into their renderings of his writings. They're not difficult to spot in the ORGANON when you compare them with the Kunzli et al. translation, but no native German whos expert at Hahnemanns high German and is equally fluent in English and an actual Hahnemannian with the time to do it and who is not retired lives today. The last person I know of who fit that bill and did a sterling job of translating papers out of the Z.K.H. (Haug Verlag) into English for the CLASSICAL HOMEOPATHY QUARTERLY after someone else botched the first two issues was Hela Michot-Dietrich. In fact, I learned from her that she came from Breslau, the Polish-German city that was last known to have been the major repository of what remained of the writings of the spagryic physicians after the ravages by the Pauline Christians of Catholicism, Lutheranism and Calvinism. Of course, the monsters of the Allied High Command during World War II saw fit to destroy all of the literary treasures of ancient Europe by firebombing Dresden at the behest of Stalins demand that we, and I quote him, destroy one German city of at least one million people in reprisal for Nazi atrocities on Slavic soil. Just as the last group of men of war saw fit to allow thieves to loot the Bagdad Museum, so the monsters of the Allied High Command in WWII murdered (and this figure is debated, but I know of where I speak because the arcane archives are irreproachably accurate) 400,000 civilians and destroyed all of the literature of that most recent group of homeopaths in the Way-Back Machine along with all of the other ancient literary treasures of Europe because the Nazis dragged them all to Dresden since it was and still is the cultural center of Germany. All men of war arent going to Hell? Christ said otherwise, didnt he, and I just proved one of 80,000-million-gazillion reasons why. Anyway, unfortunately, all of the other books by Hahnemann still stand translated only by God-damned LPHs. God, help us!

. . . "Nabu" Press . . .
    Just as we suffer these renderings of Hahnemann's works by low-potency pseudo homeopaths and helplessly endure the super-morons of the George Vithoulkas school of thought, all of whom as with their God-damned high priest, Georgie Porgy, are just high-potency pseudo homeopaths, yet another nightmare for us are the extremely careless morons from India. I have colleagues there, but you'd never guess it from the 99.999999999999999% of supposed homeopaths in India and the disgraceful books produced all over India. The morons actually publish our books on recycled cardboard! God, help us! India is nothing but a nation of ghosts.

Worst of all, this is an 1836 edition. The later editions from around 1860, have the paragraphs under each Materia Medica item divided into sections..."Head"... "Eyes"... "Skin"... etc.., making it easier to zero in on, and spot curious or unusual symptoms . . .
    Yeah, that's right. Hahnemann had him fix it, and (if I remember this correctly) it took a long time after Jahr died for it to see the light of day. How do you know important details like that?

As for printing your own books, I hope I don't step on your toes by suggesting to instead keep them to one page with very wide margins and even have them interleafed. You'll find out why as you go along.

Now if only I could find Hahnemann's note books (case books) on line, but that is too much to hope for.
    Can't help you, but how do you know about them?
    Albert, also Hahnemannian444B
    www.GiggleBoggleJabbleGooby.com/HaHa and www.Google+.com/AlbertHahnemannian.com and www.Tumblr.com.AlbertHahnemannian.com and
    http://www.cityevents.tv/Cetah444

Comment

Voegeli's Preceptor

Originally Posted by Citizen_Jimserac:
      I also have recently purchased a reproduction paperback edition, large sized, of Jahr's "Manual of Homoeopathic Medicine" (Volumes 1-2 combined into one book)...
      Worst of all, this is an 1836 edition. The later editions from around 1860, have the paragraphs under each Materia Medica item divided into sections..."Head"... "Eyes"... "Skin"... etc. ...
      Originally Posted by Hahnemannian444

Yeah, that's right. Hahnemann had him fix it, and (if I remember this correctly) it took a long time after Jahr died for it to see the light of day. How do you know important details like that?
      Because I found a later edition of the book in Google Book Search which had everything arranged under the appropriate (Head, Eyes, Skin...etc.) categories !

Also, Re: Hahnemann case books, I learned that he had kept extensive handwritten records of his cases after reading some biographical information.

Thanks again,
      CJ

Comment

Voegli's Preceptor

ADDENDUM:

Found Digital Copies of The American Homoeopathic review by A. P. Wells; Carroll Dunham and Henry M. Smith;

Volumes V and Vl (1865-1866)

At this Link:
        Universidad Autnoma de Nuevo Len

Quite Interesting articles.

Comment

Voegli's Preceptor

Another addendum: Found a good multi part article on the history of the LM Potency right through to Schmidt and the modern homeopaths. The article, by a German homeopath was translated into Russian but, of course, by running it though the google translate, or viewing it in the Google Chrome Browser with the automatic translator option turned on, the article can mostly be read in English with no trouble.

Lot of interesting details including a reprint of the exact section from Organon 6th describing their manufacture and, in addition, details on how Schmidt and others made them (usually by closely following Hahnemann's instructions.

See it HERE:
          LM- : :: . — —

End Addendum.

Comment

Serenity cannabis withdrawal symptoms must be openly discussed as they can prevent people from falling into addiction trap. Cannabis can be remedial but they can get addictive easily.

Serenity cannabis withdrawal | Serenity codeine withdrawal

Comment

Working...
            X