antidotes of remedies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antidotes of remedies

I am currently taking constitutional remedies. I have an embarrassing question to ask. If I kiss someone who has used listerine, or mint toothpaste is this a problem. Also, I live in an area that has a new coffee house where coffee is ground fresh and the smell is all around the neighborhood. Is this a problem?

Gail,

I am not a homeopath so you may want to wait and hear from one of the experts but from what I understand it really depends on the remedy you are taking and also how "right" the remedy is. Some remedies like phos. can be antidoted by just the smell of coffee while others are difficult to touch, but if yours is one that is antidoted by menthol than I would guess that you need to excersize caution while kissing someone with that on them. On the other hand, I have heard many of the homeopaths here say that if the remedy is the similimum than not much can antidote. I guess the best advice is to do your best to stay away from what your homeopath warned against and if you think you may have antidoted than contact him/her.

take care,
    barb\
    Man, do not pride yourself on your superiority to animals. For they are without sin and you in your greatness defile the earth by your appearance on it and leave traces of you foulness after you. Dostoyevsky

Comment

What lovely questions.

Regarding the coffee smell, just enjoy it. I don't think the smell alone could antidote.

And kissing, one of the few things more important than homoeopathy. It's a matter of balance. Don't go for full on kiss a second after your kissee has just swigged mouthwash, but after it's subsided a bit, fine.

Comment

We homeopaths can get a bit paranoid about patients antidoting remedies. In reality these substances antidote remedies only infrequently- it depends on the patients sensitivity to the antidote, the relationship with the remedy they have just taken and the belief systems of the patient and their homeopath. I know one practitioner who never mentions antidotes to his patients and has only ever had one patient antidote a remedy.

Take the advice of your homeopath and make an effort to avoid these substances but try not to worry too much- as Anna said, it is a question of balance. You will know if you antidote a remedy because the good feelings and extra energy you got from it will fade. You will then know that you are espescially sensitive to that antidote and can make an extra special effort to avoid it. Most of the time a repeat of the same remedy will pick up the cure from where the other left off.

[This message has been edited by Rubric (edited 13 October 2000).]

Comment

Homeopathy, is advanced chemie, and not a belive system, nothing in homeopathy, is based upon a belive, but upon scientific controlled results!
          Some remedies is antidoted by this, or that, each remedie has its own spesific antidotes,that can be found in food,drinks, smells, sourroundings, etc, and thats called then a maintaining cause. A habit may be called a belive, so in this way, only, is it possible to place it under the rubric belive.
          To try to put homeopathy under a belive system, is showing that the person who says this, is a complete ignorant, in stolen clothings, the clothes of a real homeopath.

Comment

Twisting words to suit a twisted purpose? The words are plain for all to see; the meaning clear. To read what isn’t there is delusion. To inject fear into the hearts of patients with a lengthy volume of antidotes is to side with the disease. A healer worth his salt would know the power of the heart and mind to influence the cure, and wears a suit tailor made from the finest cloth… paid for in full.

Comment

REgret that my own suit is not tailor made, does that mean I'm a charlatan?

Comment

No, of course not. It was a euphamism. Between you and me I don't actually own a suit .

Comment

headless people, do usually not need clothing, thanks for confirmating.

Comment

Rubric - you say you are a homeopath (not listed in your profile) How do your patients understand you - you talk in riddles.

Reference the following quote from your posting:-

"the relationship with the remedy they have just taken and the belief systems of the patient and their homeopath. I know one practitioner who never mentions antidotes to his patients and has only ever had one patient antidote a remedy". So because for example, you tell me that it is possible to antidote the particular remedy you have just given me, my brain springs into action and triggers the antidoting of my remedy ??? Yeah ....... I get that one !!!!

The only other interpretation of your statement that I can see is that when the practitioner mentions possible antidotes - the patient goes and takes an antidote !!!

Your statement just does not make sense. What are you implying ?

Comment

Hi Morag,

I think what I was trying to say is that a strong belief is capable of modifying susceptibility; and that our belief systems as homeopaths will affect those of our patients.

If my patients believe that wearing pink will antidote their remedy they will be more susceptible to antidoting their remedy when they wear pink.

Imagine you are someone with a chronic debilitating disease which has improved significantly after a homeopathic remedy. How fearful you would be about antidoting it and getting all those terrible symptoms back.

[This message has been edited by Rubric (edited 15 October 2000).]

Comment

My understanding is that when a remedy works, it works only for an instant to adjust the "vital force". The internal system of government then proceeds to carry out the work based on these directions.

The only way to "antidote" this is to give a new set of commands, by either taking a substance to which you are sensitive, therefore essentially taking another remedy, or waiting until the underlying miasm rises up to recreate the original symptoms.

Our purpose is to reduce or eradicate the miasmatic influence so that the remedies we give will have a long lasting (permanent hopefully) effect. Also we should be building up the strength of the vital force so that it is not so easily affected by simple substances.

When a person is strong and healthy, they should be able to eat mint, lemons, drink mineral water etc without becoming sick. If they do then our job is unfinished.

Comment

Rubric
                          I don't understand your last paragraph. If a person has improved, then those symptoms are gone not to return. Antidoting does not cause the old symptoms to return. It just arrests further progress. ?

Comment

Not necessarily. If the remedy is not repeated the patient will often return to their original state.

[This message has been edited by Rubric (edited 15 October 2000).]

Comment

everyone seems to be talking about different things here.......just spit it out instead of talking in riddles.

rubric - if someone repeats a remedy because their symptoms come back - usually the effect of the repeat dose (in the same potency) has less effect...wouldn't it be fair to say that one would need to either go up in potency OR go on to a complimentary remedy? it's just a bit vague, the way you stated it...

and djkempson, interesting view on antidoting remedies. I agree with the point on suseptibility - but what seemed a bit confusing to me, since there are really more variables to consider, is that you seem to be saying that people will not antidote their remedy easily - fullstop. Does that not REALLY depend on the remedy (this has nothing to do with the strength of the patient but the powers of the actual remedy)? On the other hand, what about how similar the rem is (if it is a close simillimum, then I understand it cannot be antidoted so easily)? And then you have things like Mineral Water, which Hahnemann forbade - for reasons other than antidoting....
                              sorry, but it was a confusing statement to me...perhaps I just don't get this one .

one more thingy dj - I've never heard (lectures from college) - nor read in all the books I have, anything described (regarding the vital force/remedy action) quite the way you explained it...
                              if "The internal system of government then proceeds to carry out the work based on these directions. " then how is it that one is able to slow down a remedy's action - or even halt it, when it has overworked (I've experience this, so I KNOW it is possible)...it just doesn't quite add up to me...can you explain this further...I'd be interested to know more .

And all the business about self-fulfilling prophecy (wearing pink/antidoting based on some fear of it) seems skewed...isn't it more a case of seeing that as an actual MENTAL symptom that a patient would be that worried about something irrational? What I mean is - if a patient expresses this fear of antidoting, by wearing pink (for example) - wouldn't it be more fair to say that one should look up the rubric for that particular (strange too!) fear and make sure it is covered in the remedy that is precribed? And if it was covered, the fear wouldn't be there, would it??

anyhow - interesting things to ponder...a bit out there, some of it - but it makes me think - so I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn more!
                              Lisa

[This message has been edited by Lisa007 (edited 15 October 2000).]
                              "The significance of a fact is measured by the capacity of the observer."
                              Carroll Dunham

Comment

Working...
                              X