Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeopathy and Menopausal Hot Flashes

Hello all!

I'm new to the forum. I am not a homeopath but I've had a few in the past work with me and/or my dog.

After a uterine cancer scare (turned out to not be as serious as was thought), I've stopped taking an herbal supplement called pueraria mirifica for hot flashes since it's a phytoestrogen and the doc felt it wasn't safe for me; I'd been on it for about 6 years and I didn't have any hot flashes. Now that I'm off the pueraria, the hot flashes have returned, and I've been looking for non-allopathic ways to get rid of them.

I researched homeopathic remedies and picked calcium carbonicum as being the closest match for me. I took it (30C) for 5 days and the symptoms seemed to be getting worse. I switched to folliculinum 30C and after taking my first dose in the evening, I had fewer hot flashes the next day and the days following. They weren't completely gone, so I ordered another tube, but it took about 10 days to arrive. Partway through the tube, it seemed like the flashes were starting to come back again, so I stopped taking it, waited a day or two, then switched to Sepia. Again it seemed to work immediately, but now as I'm nearing the end of the tube, I'm beginning to have some powerful hot flashes again.

So all of this is to ask whether it seems like these remedies are not working for me, so I should move on to another one? Is it typical for a remedy to work at first, then stop working? Or is the fact that it worked at first an indication that it might be a good remedy for me, but I need a different potency or need to combine it with something else to enhance it? I'm not asking for a diagnosis here, more for an understanding of the logic of how a remedy works. I know that there are so many factors that go into choosing a remedy, so it may just be that I MUST see a homeopath. Money is tight, so I was hoping I could find something that would work without having to find a homeopath near me (especially with having to start fresh with an intake appointment), but if I need to, then so be it.

Thank you very much!
Working...
X