spinning room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spinning room

I woke up this morning, opened my eyes and the ceiling was spinning, like when you're drunk. My eyes were wobbling about all over the place by themselves and I was quite frightened. I felt a bit sick too. I got up out of bed and felt wobbly, went to the loo and then came back to bed and when I laid back down the room span again. I have never felt this feeling before and I wondered if anyone else had heard of it. As the day wore on I felt almost back to normal apart from having a blocked up nose and a dull nuralga like on the left hand side headache and a general "hung over" and slightly nauseous feeling. I hadn't had any alchohol the day before so I can't blame it on over doing it the night before! I took my blood pressure shortly after getting up and it was 100/60. I tried to get hold of my homoeopath but she was away and I didn't feel it was an emergency situation which would warrant calling the covering homoeopath. However, I am a little worried, so any advice would be appreciated...

I had that problem about 15 years ago..but my vertigo was only when my eyes were closed. I woke up with it. I don't know if it came from a neck injury that was being worked on...or a cold in my inner ear...but I took 3 remedies and none of them worked...a week or so later I took a repeat of one of them and poof it was gone like magic.

The homeopaths here may want to know if there is a direction to the wobble...more to the left or right..or forward..but they will let you know what other info they might need.

It does sound scary. Its a feeling of everything being out of control. Hope you're better now.

Comment

Sounds like inner ear inflammation - labrinthytis or something like that (I am not a doctor!) It's your balance that is upset, often stress induced. It will pass don't worry about it. There are many remedies you could try includng Cocculus.
      RSHom - Registered Homeopath

Comment

My doctor gave me conium, lachesis and belladonna...I think I was falling to the left...it was the lachesis that eventually took it away..my neck was real tight from an accident-it also corrected my neck injury at the same time.. You probably need a remedy that addresses that it happens with your eyes open and eyes are moving around like that.

Comment

Definitely contact your homeopath. Do you have any hearing disturbances or tinnitus? Any blocked feeling in your ears?

Good luck and I hope you've spun for the last time!

Lynn

Comment

Hi,

"Vertigo on waking", Lachesis is a 3, and it's the only 3. It's also in the rubric
            Vertigo with nausea(2). I don't know how to look up Eyes Wobbling Around; do you mean they move involuntarily? Try Nux Vomica if Lach. doesn't work. It's a 3 for "room whirls".

Snoopy

Comment

Conium is also important to consider: it has vertigo while lying. I would be inclined to give this no matter what in a case of vertigo while lying; I think the end stage pathology in the remedy is a good thing to try to hedge against. If the remedy does nothing, fine...keep looking; but if it acts, that is wonderful.

Divina
              ...and deliverance has many faces<br />but grace<br />is an aquaintance of mine

Comment

Thank you very much to all who replied to my query. However, luckily, today I am back to normal so I have decided not to take anything just yet and go and see my homoeopath for a general constitutional remedy, but I really appreciate your suggestions and have taken note of them as my sister suffers from this problem in times of stress too. Thanks again.

Comment

Sounds good...but please do mention the symptom and the experience to your homeopath. It will be a symptom he or she will ask you to monitor.

Divina
                  ...and deliverance has many faces<br />but grace<br />is an aquaintance of mine

Comment

Working...
                  X