No announcement yet.

homeopathic remedy for athlete's foot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homeopathic remedy for athlete's foot?

Could I please be given some suggestions for
    athlete's foot!

I have a homeopathic cream which is made up from a base cream with Sul.Ac and Benz. Ac. tincture in it. If you use it for a week you can see results, for 3 weeks and it is gone! Continue on a once a week basis and it stays away. Find a homeopathic pharmacy to make some up for you.
    Regards, Rochelle
    www.southporthomeopathy.co.uk

Comment

Homeopatic cream?????! THATS NOT HOMEOPATHY!
      Athletes foot, is usually calcium carb, but may be silicea or sulphur, even sepia and phosporus.
      A caseanalysis is needed here, to supress or mask a symptome is not homeopathy, and will never be homeopathy.
      In homeopathy we considder sutch a treatment to be dangeourus!

------------------
      Homeopat MNNH Geir E.T. Marcussen
      email: getm@eunet.no

Comment

Homeopathy has many facets and specific remedies are a very important part (remember arnica).I would suggest rubbing urine between your toes several times daily (ALSO NOT HOMEOPATHY) and adding Thuja as a main specific to the list from the previous reply.

Comment

GM - Do you really never recommend Calendula cream or Hypercal cream or Arnica cream to use topically for your patients rather than using antiseptics (in the case of the former two)?
          Please don't bother quoting the Organon on topical applications and suppression as I've read it! Used in a short term first aid situation I have never known them suppress.
          Speaking of Thuja, if I prescribe it for verrucas I always give Thuja tincture to use at the same time (With strict instructions about the toxic aspect of the mother tincture, of course)

Regards, Rochelle

[This message has been edited by Rochelle (edited 09 May 1999).]

Comment

NO, i never use or call any cream Homepatic,they dont exist, if i choose to use sutch as arnika, it is as mothertincture, (phytoterapie)and thats on local bruisings, and clear mechanical injuries located to one specific area.
            Athletes foot is another story, that symptome comes from more serious disorders, and is as i said, A SYMPTOME!
            You have read the organon, yes!
            But did you ever understand it?,thats the issue, you may read a thousand times, and still dont understand.
            Forgot to mention ac fl as another remedie that is common.

Comment

Is'nt it great to read the running dialogue between GM and Rochelle. It really brightens up a dull Saturday evening. Thanks to both of you!!!LOL
              PS at the risk of offending GM (sorry GM) Tea Tree Cream is really good for this condition, which is normally a fairly minor, self limiting condition! See a good homoeopath if it becomes chronic, ie lasts for months/years on end.

[This message has been edited by Tim McIlveen (edited 09 May 1999).]
              Tim McIlveen DIHOM(Pract.) DnTh. MBANT.<br />Homeopath and nutritional therapist<br /><a href="http://www.wholistic-nutrition.freeserve.co.uk" target="_blank">www.wholistic-nutrition.freeserve.co.uk</a>

Comment

All readings and comprehension must be interpretation.Who knows what was going on in Sam's brilliant mind. His last Edition shows that he was beginning to have second thoughts about a lot of things. Kent has interpreted his way, so has Vithoulkas and Scholtan. All are brilliant and we can learn from all of them.

Comment

OK GM, I am quite willing to concede that maybe the pot of cream which has the label "Homeopathic Cream", made up from an eminent Homeopathic pharmacy in the UK is in fact Phytotherapy. It is made up from the Mother Tincture before being potenised and successed.

[This message has been edited by Rochelle (edited 09 May 1999).]

Comment

Thats better, call a spade a spade.
                    thank you.
                    It is enough people confusing whats homeopathy, homeopaths should certainly not contribute to that misunderstanding.

Comment

Dear Tim.
                      With the risk of brigthen up your dull evenings a bit more, i have to tell you that you after my wue, (i dont demand others to share my opinion, but i demand to tell my opinion, thats called democracy) are completely mistaken!
                      When finding athletes foot, you find sutch remedies that ive listed, if you are a homeopat, and then you know that all these remedies is used for more grave conditions, and that AF is a symptome in those pictures.

You confirm this by doubletalking, "see a good homeopath if this become chronic".

Are you implying that i am minor to others?
                      If so, this is a classical behaviour, used by some to lower others, and uplift themselves.
                      I will not go into what carateristics sutch people may come under (diagnostically that is), this you should wery well know about.
                      Have yet a brigth evening.

Comment

L Siddons: it sounded like a simple question to me! Upon reading responses to your question, I wish people would just say "this is my opinion from what I've learned/studied of homeopathy" which, of course, is that whatever a person says. Obviously there are different schools of thought, and remedies that are not classical homeopathy. I am learning so much here. (FYI [not homeopathy] -- my son uses Tea Tree Oil with great results)
                        <BR>

Comment

Got a bit of an attitude going there GM!! Never did say or even imply that you were a bad homoeopath or inferior to anyone.In fact, you should know that I have emailed you a few times interested at your choice of remedy etc. You always seem to steam roller over everything anyone else says and rubbish their opinion. Perhaps you should practice what you preach and learn a bit of tolerance yourself (you seem to ridicule many of Rochelle's posts, and everyone elses for that matter)
                          .Its true, Athletes foot is in the symptom picture of many remedies. As you are probably aware, athletes foot can appear and vanish in a matter of days, or be chronic. I personally dont see anything wrong with using a cream occasionally in practice to be used for a few days for a minor outbreak (perhaps caused by something as simple as working in a pair of non-breathable boots for a few days).I know you could argue that the tendency had to be there in the first place but thats a story for another day. If it becomes chronic, thats something else. BUT THAT IS MY OPINION AND I RESPECT YOURS. Sorry if I offended you, but you seem to take offence easily.

[This message has been edited by Tim McIlveen (edited 10 May 1999).]
                          Tim McIlveen DIHOM(Pract.) DnTh. MBANT.<br />Homeopath and nutritional therapist<br /><a href="http://www.wholistic-nutrition.freeserve.co.uk" target="_blank">www.wholistic-nutrition.freeserve.co.uk</a>

Comment

How come that no one has picked up on the fact that although Calendula, Hypercal, Rhus Tox creams could be called Phytotherapy there is no way one could suggest that the Athletes foot cream could be. Maybe since it contains Sul Ac and Benz. Ac it could be called Mineral cream. Any other suggestions? Maybe I should get in touch with helios, Nelsons and Ainsworths to tell tem our views!! By the way Tim, you are quite right about a common cause of Athletes foot. I work out every evening and I blame the trainers!! I also use Euphrasia mother tincture greatly diluted to successfully relieve and cure minor eye infections very quickly and I tend to call this homeopathy. Phytotherapy again! I don't find it at all suppressive. It's a lot better than what a patient would get from an allopathic Doctor. As homeopaths I think we all tend to use other complementary therapies e.g. nutritional advice, to help our patients. It's all healing.

Comment

ORGANON: 1,3, 5-9, 194-204, 257, 264, 269,

KENTS APHORISMS: Truth on every plan, is a sword that wounds deeply; and blood flows freely.

Every ignorant man/woman thinks that what he/she knows is the end of knowledge.

( and the last applyes especially for me, i did say it now, so you dont have to spell it out for me)

Heard of subleties of the english language in oneway mails?
                              End of discussion, i have made my point, you have admitted it partially, but is it needed to be so angry over a sivilized discussion?

Comment

Working...
                              X