Paper Remedies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Remedies

I noticed on the Skin Diseases bulletin board, someone brought up the issue of paper remedies. I would like to share my story.

Last week I had a severe acute attack and as I was at work and it was the middle of the night I was unable to obtain my remedy.

I remembered the idea of the paper remedy, so I wrote down my constitutional remedy and the potency one higher than my regular potency, placed in under a plastic cup and left it for ten minutes. I then drank the water and within hour my symptoms subsided much to my surprise.

Up until that episode last week I was skeptical in the extreme about the viability of a paper remedy working, even though a friend of mine has also used it to great effect.

Her and two friends were travelling by boat on rough seas. She did not have any remedies on her but used the paper remedy method on herself and felt better. She wondered if it would work on her friends. She did the same thing again, and just told them to keep sipping the water. Whether or not she told them she had used the paper remedy or not, I don't know. But within the hour both her companions were better.

I have confidence now that should I be caught without a remedy again, I can at least do something.

Anyone wish to discuss?
    Regards,<br /><b>Simone H</b><br /><br /><i>Aude Sapere</i><br /><br />"Never be a passive listener or learner" ~ Christian Gottfried Hahnemann

This may work for some people but I don't like seeing it connected to homeopathy because I know homeopathy works of and by itself. It works wonderfully on animals who know nothing about placebos or paper remedies. I agree with Ricky on the skin disease post....this sort of connection can only hurt homeopathy in the long run. This reminds me of that muscle testing or whatever where you hold the herb or whatever in your hand and if your hand goes down then its the remedy or herb for you. Something like that. I don't buy that one either. No offense you know. Just my personal opinion.
    Dessie

Comment

dessie please don't put paper remedies in the same category as muscle testing! The latter I used 20 years ago on my son with great success in finding what he should keep away from as a very hyperactive child. I also find it works well for allergy testing and I'm a sceptic!! Even with my homeopathy my catch phrase is that I don't who is more surprised at the way it works, me or my patients!! However I do spend hours of time finding the right remedy with a new patient.
      RSHom - Registered Homeopath

Comment

I'm sorry but I just have a problem with the muscle testing as well. It just seems there would be too much room for error. I don't know....Ricky...I'm a skeptic there as well.

[This message has been edited by dessie (edited 27 November 1999).]
        Dessie

Comment

Unless of course, would you mind explaining the muscle testing a bit more to me? Or do I basically have the idea?
          Dessie

Comment

We may have the opposite idea here. If the arm goes down that means the person is allergic to whatever is in their hand. It's only OK if they are strong enough to hold their arm up.
            RSHom - Registered Homeopath

Comment

Paper remedies are intriguing because they seem to defy common sense, but many would say high potencies do also. I would think it plausible that a CNS that has been exposed to a given remedy might be able to react to the suggestion of the same remedy when symptoms are manifested. There may also be some therapeutic value in just sipping plain water.
              The flip side of this discussion would be: Can words cause disease?

Comment

Well, my holistic practitioner and I couldn't decide between two remedies once. She did the muscle test on me and I wouldn't haven't believed it, if I hadn't been there. I could "hold my own" when tested with one remedy and was very weak when tested with the other. The muscle test is very valid. If remedies hold energy, why would one's body not be able to pick up on that?

The paper test... well... I agree that it's not homeopathy. But hey, why not put on a piece of paper what you want to cured of and see if it works? Is it mind over matter? Who cares if you get the result you want!

Comment

JUST LIKE A GHOST STORY.HOMOEOPATHY IS A SCIENTIFIC THERAPEUTICS,DRUGS PROVED UPON HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS,COLLECTING THE SYMPTOMS AND APPLYING IN SIMILER DISEASE CONDITIONS IN SUITABLE POTENCIES.NO RELATION TO THE PAPER REMEDIES!SOME TIMES WHEN SITTING IN FRONT OF MY COMPUTER,I USUALLY PLACE MY CUP OF TEA ON THE KENT'S REPERTORY OR SOME MATERIA MEDICA.IF ABOVE SAID IS CORRECT ,HOW MANY DRUGS WILL ACT UPOIN ME AT A TIME !!VERY SORRY TO TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU.
                  PANNAKKAL
                  <a href="http://www.pannakkal.com" target="_blank">www.pannakkal.com</a>

Comment

If it is possible for some energy to pass from a written name of a remedy into a container of water, then the water could indeed be transformed into a potency which would then be homoeopathic if it were given to a patient with similar symptoms. Since everything that exists has a wave pattern and a vibration, such a transfer is theoretically possible. The question is whether it actually happens and whether there would be any way of proving such an effect. We'd need to do more double-blind trials and maybe check out the product with a Kirlian photography machine?!

Comment

Lots of diseases manifest due to our mind, and lot of us feel better by appropriate controls over our mind, whether intentional or un. Homeopathy on other hand, if the remedy is incorrect, then can create a placebo effect, yet in reality is the mind working. And if the remedy is correct, then scientifically a cure has taken place by the removal of the whole of the perceptible signs and symptoms of the disease the internal alteration of the vital force to which the disease is due - consequently the whole of the disease - is at the same time removed

Comment

Any form of therapy contains a placebo element. I have no intention to dismiss any therapy as long as it's not detrimental (like most allopathic treatment with strong chemical drugs). The study of how to employ / enhance such placebo effect is the realm of psychic therapies. It is an interesting new area to explore. However, in the research in homeopathy, we are trying to find out ways to enhance the RELIABLE, REPEATIBLE results. It seems that paper remedies has not yet been able to demonstrate such reliable results. Having said that, nevertheless, in times that real remedy is not available, I would still try paper remedies.

Comment

Working...
                        X