Dark shadows under the eyes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark shadows under the eyes

Does anyone know what the relevance is between dark shadows (bags) under the eyes and general health. Is it symptomatic that something is not right? I have had bags for as long as I can remember and for a long time I was certain that it was due to my lifestyle. Now I’m not so sure. I spoke to my mother who is an Alexander teacher regarding this and then it dawned on me that ever since I was a kid I had the shadow under the eyes. What's going on? Am I to believe that my liver is just very sensitive?? As a child I was properly fed denied cola etc.. Is it a genetic thing? Do some people simply suffer from shadows? If it’s build up of toxins, how do I go about finding out what I should not be consuming or should be consuming.
    <br>

try giving up dairy for awhile

Comment

I have dark circles under my eyes, and tend to wear make up when I am in public to avoid people saying "you look tired." I have honestly found though, when I give up coffee completely---I mean completely, the dark circles go away and my overall skin tone is brighter. It's hard to do, but it works. Good luck.

Comment

I came back from travelling malnourished and anaemic, due in part to the parasites I acquired on the trip. I had bags and circles like you wouldnt believe...people forget that one of the symptoms of anaemia is dark circles/bags under the eyes. Often, paler skin and no energy etc are the only indications people look for. Although you are a male and it is less likely thn for a female, you may be iron deficient Dave, check it out- or just get a bottle of fera maka or flora liquid iron supplement and see if you notice a change after finishing a bottle (couple of teaspoons a day) The result was nothing short of fantastic with me. You might also want to check that you arent eating something or surrounded by something you have an allergy to or are sensitive to- these things are also sometimes responsible for the problem you describe. Last of all, some people have thinner skins and are naturally darker under the eyes-you can see it quite often in people of indian extraction (usually from south india). So, homeopathically I cannot help you here, but hopefully I have said something that you may find useful.

Comment

YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM PERI-ORBITAL HYPERPIGMENTATION.
          EXACT CAUSE NOT KNOWN.
          PROABLE CAUSES - OVERSTRAIN OF EYES, USE OF EYES IN DIM LIGHT, EXPOSURE TO SUN.
          IN ADDITION, YOU HAVE A TENDENCY TO SKIN PIGMENTATION.
          I HAVE HANDLED MULTIPLE SUCH CASES WITH REMARKABLE IMPROVEMENT.
          Regards,
          Dr. Sumit Goel
          M.D. (Hom), Gold Medalist
          Professor,
          Homoeopathic Philosophy and Pharmacy
          CMP Homoeopathic College, Mumbai, India

Comment

The dark circles could be allergies, in fact I am willing to bet. What you crave or really love to eat you are probabley allergic to. I would have someone look in your ears if ear wax present this will confirm the allergy idea.

Joyce

Comment

When you say coffee, do you also mean tea etc..

Perhaps I do need more Iron. I do feel very tired a lot of the time, sleep a lot and still feel tired, admitedly I do a job I care little for so it's hard for me to decide what is really at play. One thing for sure is that was not always like this... in fact recently I've been getting down more and more frequently it's really bugging me and I want to sort it quick. Somehow I feel that all of this is interlinked but fail to see how

What is Anaema? Would appreciate an answer on this
              <br>

Comment

anaemia is an iron deficiency- many causes. Sometimes due to malabsorbtion (ie parasites or digestive problems) but also vegan and vegetarian diets can also be the cause. Tiredness, pale skin, bags/circles under the eyes, sometimes a sore/cracked tongue...you may be low in b-vitamins as well. An easy thing to do is to go to a health food store and buy either a liquid iron supp. or a bottle of iron pills and take until finished- you should notice some sort of difference in a matter of days- more energy! Yes, you can also see a homeopath but I think you should try the diet/supplements first in this case. Homeopathy is in the holistic health system which means complete or whole and complimentary systems...from your letter it sounds like diet is the key to begin here. One more thing, you say you are doing a job you do not care for. Barring quitting that and starting to live your life as you wish to, be aware that that sort of situation is rather stressful and can be responsible for a number of vitamin deficiencies. Stress eats vitamins different stresses eat different vitamins. If you are financially broke, you can perk up your iron by cooking with cast -iron fry pans. Good luck

Comment

My father's family all have these under-eye shadows. We are of Sicilian descent and we've always called it "Mediterranean anemia" but I wonder if this could be the symptom of an inherited miasm? I have the shadows but have never tested anemic.

Comment

Thyroid Disease is also a very common cause of puffy bags under the eyes

Comment

Here's some interesting stuff I pulled out of a lecture on physiognomy last year - I think its from a mix of sources, Chinese and others. Our lecturer said that there was tons of stuff like this, but that what he gave his was limited to things that had been clinically useful and practical for diagnostic purposes over the years. Here's the bit on the area below the eyes:

"Kidneys is the area under the eye - in a more acute way it can show how your kidneys are doing. Right inside under the eyes represents the adrenals – that’s where the darkest bit is inside the eye. If the undereyes swell up it can mean being overhydrated (or just too much water but in the wrong places). If the area is darkened, it means you're dehydrated - at the beginning, it starts to go grey and then brown….a deep brown colour...that's when you are really in trouble"

"Dark brown colour under eyes is about too much waste - food waste in system - so kidneys don't have fluid through flow so chucks it back into system - this is what leads to lymph system being clogged up.
                      High BP is usually kidneys.
                      Dark blue or violet under eyes is stagnation of blood - same way as it happens in veins - flow of blood in system is stagnating - lack of oxygen in system - the flow in system - hydration is major part of that - heart has to pump harder so you get the high BP."

"With the kidneys, you get one bag - if you get a second bag - a double bag, it usually means the intestines are in trouble - one bag usually means the kidneys in trouble - 2 bags mean maybe kidneys and intestines...."

Hope that's useful!

[This message has been edited by Janine (edited 12 December 1999).]

Comment

Interesting topic! I wake up in the morning with a face that looks worked over in a boxing match and I look about ten years older. (well not exactly that bad, but bad enough so I sort of want to get up before my husband so he doesn't get to see me too soon). Anyway, my eyelids are very puffy in the morning, (I am of Sicilian decent also JFW, but have Asian type eyes), and there is some swelling under the eyes. In the morning, my cheeks have puffy jowls, I guess from sleeping on my sides, but who sleeps anyway with all that tossing and turning to find a comfortable spot, and then as soon as I settle, I have to get up and go to the bathroom.... After about 11:00 A.M. most of the swelling is gone,the jowls shrink, but my face is not normal until afternoon. I look ok for an hour or so, and then by the time my husband gets home from work, I have that exhausted look. By then I give up, the sun's setting and the lights are dim, my husband watches TV, not me. Anyway, enough of domestic violence...(just kidding friends) I read somewhere that bags under the eyes are fat deposits. Although it doesn't sound like this is David's situation. Best wishes, Mselle

Comment

Suggest Mselle should start thi nking more seriously what might be wrong with themselves

Comment

Dear Pat, update on Mselle. She's been prescribed a homeopathic medicine which she will begin to take over the holidays when she is away from her kindergarten, first and second grade students. She is afraid of the possibility of a wierd, unpredictable reaction to the medicinal/homeopathic vibrations introduced to her already lopsided constitution. Thus, postponement until the two week recess seemed a golden opportunity. With my tongue now out of my cheek, best wishes, Mselle

Comment

TCM understands the black eye-bag relates to kidney-adrenal functions. (Kidney and adrenal functions are strongly related in TCM).
                              Chinese people knows that if one's overworked physically or after a night of not restful sleep, the black eyebag is bound to appear. (tired adrenal?)
                              Another common cause of the black eyebag seems to relate to kidney's regulation of fluid balance.

Comment

Working...
                              X