Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in acute case

Hello Everyone,
    I have this acute problem since yesterday morning.Yesterday I got up with bad sore throat, lots of post nasal discharge, Bad body aches and some low grade fever. By the end of the day my sore throat was gone just little scratchiness was there. Right now also I have no throat problem but lots of body aches that includes achiness in my ribs(both),upper back, legs and my head which is worse than yesterday. I just feel like laying in the bed. Even with thick blankets and comforter+heat I am cold. I have socks on my feet still they are freezing cold. This coldness in the feet bothers me so much that I can't even sleep peacefully. I have very scanty watery nasal discharge, but I am badly congested in nasal and head. Very very low in energy. Appetite is ok.I don't feel very thirsty but my mouth is drying up after every few minutes. Over all I feel pretty sick. Can any one help me with this problem.
    I still have 99.1F temp. I am extremely dull mentally.

Pat,

Try Gelsemium 30C. Put in water, take a sip every hour until you start to notice some improvement and then taper off accordingly.

Stir vigorously before each sip.

If after 6 hours there is no improvement, gels. is probably the wrong remedy. So get back to us with more symptoms if there are more.

If gels. makes you worse, stop taking it.

Snoopy

Comment

Hello PatR,

How are you? Did you take Gelsemium as advised by Snoopy and seconded by Ricky?
      Abdullah<br />I know too little

Comment

Agreed - you've got the flu!!
        RSHom - Registered Homeopath

Comment

Hello Snoopy and Ricky:

Thanks Snoopy for your suggestion. I was feeling very sick yesterday I took gelsemium without even looking at your reply. But I just took it dry(not in the water) then I took one more dose at night(also without water). My body aches are much much better now only thing that is bothering me right now is my stuffiness in my head and nose. Because of this head congestion I have headache. I also am feeling lots of weakness. I have 2 story house so climbing those stairs is a big task for me. I feel short of breath climbing up and down the stairs. Do you think I should continue taking Gel.

Once again thank you very much Snoopy for your help.

Comment

Dear Pat,

Take Gels. in water this time and see if it gives you a boost. If it helped 50% so far, chances are it's the right remedy but may need to be a little more powerful or taken a little more often to go the rest of the way.

Ricky, do you have a different opinion?

Snoopy

Comment

Hope you don't mind me butting in Snoopy and Ricky.

If the gels in water doesn't improve things I would try Bryonia- I find it follows on well from gels.

Comment

Hopefully Ricky will drop by with her opinion, but, Bryonia is known for: dryness of the mucus membranes resulting in thirst for large gulps at a time; also, the patient absolutely does not want to be disturbed. Every disturbance, even having to answer a question, makes the patient much worse, he or she only wants to lie perfectly still; every movement or motion makes the patient worse, even deep breathing or moving the eyes.

Snoopy

Comment

Dear Snoopy
                  Thanks for giving me prompt reply. Yes I have started taking Gel. in water. I had little fever this morning but now fever is gone. Over all I have started improoving drasticly. My main concern as for right now is my weakness,shortness in breath when ever I am doing little household chores and also my stuffiness in head.
                  Snoopy do you think I should take Gel. 200 now?
                  Let me know your view on that.
                  I still have little achiness in my legs.
                  Thanks
                  Pat

Comment

You may need a different remedy now. What else is happening with the dificult breathing? Temperature, sweat etc? Get your lungs checked just in case you have pneumonia.
                    RSHom - Registered Homeopath

Comment

Dear Pat,

Take the Gels. 30C in water at least 4 times today, stir vigorously before each sip. If by tomorrow you are no better off, then I would think you need another remedy, so you would have to restate your symptoms to us, including level of thirst and for what kind of drinks, and as Ricky said above, plus letting us know what makes you better or worse, letting us know if you have a cough and how it sounds and the color of any mucus, and let us know your mental picture, and so on. We should give Gels. a little more time for now, OK?

Snoopy

Comment

Thanks Snoopy,Ricky and Hoppit for all of your help.

Update on my condition:
                        Right now I dodn't have any fever but last night fever was back to 99F. Right now I feel lots of stuffiness in my nose when I blow my nose the mucous that comes out is thick and greenish. Somehow my pain in the ribs is coming back.Though this pain is only 20%of what I had day before yesterday but it is back. Weakness is still same.Some how head congestion is little better today.
                        I did take Gel. 4 times(in water) yesterday. Do you suggest me to do the same today? Mentally I am very very dull.
                        Thanks for all your help. Could not have made my self better without your help.
                        Pat

Comment

Little more update on my condition:
                          MY appetitie and thirst is normal. But mouth still feelS dry. Currently my body aches are gone accept for reoccurence of pain in the ribs as mentioned above. I don't have any taste or smell( this is my chronic problem also). I have to get up couple of times to go to the restroom at night which is also a chronic problem. I still have shortness of breath while going up and down the stairs. Basically I have no cough. MY ENERGY LEVEL IS VERY DOWN.DON'T FEEL LIKE TALKING MUCH.AND ALSO LOTS OF WEAKNESS.
                          Also as mentioned above head congestion is better but still have slight headache/heaviness in the head.

Thank for all of your help.
                          Pat

Comment

PatR,

It's very cold here in Pakistan. This weather demands Rhus tox for your illness. What do I think you can take rhustox 200, Gels 200 and hepersulph 200. Two drops from each bottle three times a day for two days only. Rhus tox will cover your bodyache, Gels your fever and hep sulph your infection of throat. This throact infection is actually causing bodyache and pain with fever. Try this option. It is harmless.
                            Muhammad Raza Hussain<br />Z.C Post Graudate College

Comment

Pat, are you there? Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Yes, in my opinion, since gels. continues to help, keep taking it in water as before, as long as it will help. When it no longer helps, there may be a Calc. layer underneath, I'm not sure, but Ricky might have an opinion. About taking 3 remedies as stated above, it wouldn't be my recommendation but obviously this has worked for dr. Raza, but it's not classical homeopathy, so I can't comment on it.

Snoopy

Comment

Working...
                              X