Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homoeopathic medecines and abortion

hi,
    i've heard that homoeopathic remedies can cause abortion. some of my teachers agreed while the one denied such action of remedies.......and i'm confused.......... but i think that it ( homoeopathic medicines) won't have such reaction if they are the right one, but what will happen if it is not the simillimum. seeking help.
    shifa...........

Homeopathy is more practical than the philosophical thoughts. Each homeopath has its own believes and thoughts. All depends upon your observation which you encountered during your practice. You observe lot of things which are not written in books but when you try to discuss those things then mostly homeopaths deny those things because they feel that books are not saying wrong. By saying so, I would say, the observation and experience vary from person to person. This also depends upon your education and experience in the field of homeopathy.
    Hafeez
    Forum Pk

Comment

To avoid this & to satisfy all, there can be continious upgradations, amendments & additions in consideration of new research & need of the time, in all basic, accepted & approved referances by some cental authority with the approval of senier homepaths. 65.5% voted members wanted revised edition of Organon. See:
      http://www.hpathy.com/POLL/Hpathypoll.asp?id=11
      Homeopathic & Biochemic system existed because Drs.Hahnemann & Schuessler thought differently.
      Successful people don't do different things, they do things differently..Shiv Khera

Comment

Excuse me but what on earth has this got to do with the original question?

It is possible to cause an abortion with homeopathic remedies but not if they are prescribed homeopathically!! It is forbidden to cause an abortion purposely using remedies by the Society I belong to.
        RSHom - Registered Homeopath

Comment

Un-necessary repitation of wrong selected homeopathic potencies in patients is a threat of abortion.
          Moalij
          is your close friend.

Comment

A very valid question indeed. In the absence of objective data, I would think REAL hard and TWICE before prescribing any remedy to an expecting mother. Short answer to your question, then is, that we don't know !

Since no data exists, so we can never be sure whether a remedy has the potential to cause abortion or not, also it depends on the constitution of the person receiving the remedy . The reason is that a lot of remedies show characteristics which are not documented anywhere but they still do possess that character.

Dr. MAS mentioned it well that it all depends on the personal experience of the prescriber.

Food for thought: A remedy aggravation can be caused in the infant feeding on breast milk and this has been confirmed by homeopaths. So you have to be really careful when dealing with expecting & lactating mothers and unless absolutely essential, avoid any remedy.

The more serious aspect of this is, how will you be able to live with the thought that you might be responsible for the abortion, even though it may have been unintentional.
            Don't take life too seriously, it aint permanent.

Comment

Serious aggravation

Food for thought: A remedy aggravation can be caused in the infant feeding on breast milk and this has been confirmed by homeopaths. So you have to be really careful when dealing with expecting & lactating mothers and unless absolutely essential, avoid any remedy.

The more serious aspect of this is, how will you be able to live with the thought that you might be responsible for the abortion, even though it may have been unintentional.
              I think this is an important aspect. How serious aggravation can be possible? Is it due to remedies from some toxic/hetrogenous substances or due to their higher or lower potencies? I think other remedies esp. in lower/medium potencies may not be of some big concern.
              Homeopathic & Biochemic system existed because Drs.Hahnemann & Schuessler thought differently.
              Successful people don't do different things, they do things differently..Shiv Khera

Comment

It's generally accepted that if a fetus is meant to develop to term, then it will. Homeopathic remedies are often prescribed throughout pregnancy for things like morning sickness, any dislocations that can take place (in the ribs, hips, back, for example) or, in some cases, to help the mother through things like turning the baby so that it doesn't have to be done manually. There are emergencies in pregnancy--like the threat of miscarriage--that also demand a remedy in order to save the pregnancy.

Pregnancy is no reason not to treat homeopathically, if treatment is needed. It really is irresponsible for people to try to scare mothers off homeopathic treatment here.
                Yes, treatment should be, as always, under the care of someone qualified--there should be no self-prescribing going on (as would apply any other time, too).

Using homeopathic remedies to end a pregnancy? That's not really a good way to accomplish this, if that is what a woman has decided to do.
                ...and deliverance has many faces<br />but grace<br />is an aquaintance of mine

Comment

Originally posted by Divina
                  Yes, treatment should be, as always, under the care of someone qualified--there should be no self-prescribing going on (as would apply any other time, too).
                  It is therefore, very necessary to slect some very safe & simple remedies which can be prescribed with complete knowledge of their physiological & toxic effects, bit accurately. It is difficult to judge some complex remedies for their physiological & toxic effects inspite of any best expertize.

Comment

Any remedy would be safe if it were homeopathic to the case and prescribed according to homeopathic principles.

We know all the remedy effects--both physiological and psychological--as you can see in all the proving records.

"Complex" remedies, as we already know, are not homoepathic to any state and have never undergone provings...so they are merely polypharmacy drugs used allopathically. Once you start using those, you are no longer practicing homeopathy...so they have nothing to do with this topic.

And yes, since they are just like any other allopathic drug, they are replete with unknown and dangerous side effects. Avoid at all costs, whether pregnant or not.

Comment

As Divina states
                      <<Any remedy would be safe if it were homeopathic to the case and prescribed according to homeopathic principles. >>

I have presently and have had many pregnant women as patients. I tend to give a remedy in 200C as in pregnancy the energy is high and therefore you need a dynamic remedy to match it. The women tend to tell me that their pregnancy with homeopathic rememdies when needed was a lot easier than previously under allopathic care. Common problems I have had to deal with are morning sickness, thrush, indigestion, changing a breech presentation, depression, anxiety, fear of the birth, over due etc etc

I also give women a birth pack to take into hospital with them in case it is needed.
                      RSHom - Registered Homeopath

Comment

Not only Homeoapthy but all the therapeutic's goal is the betterment of the patient homeopathic medicine can but it but only one the hand of a Good Physician

In my experience Homeopathic Medicine can cause abortion with in first trimister without much harm. But after this it is possible but harmful, here the assesment of the physician is the to justify what to do.

Comment

Any remedy would be safe if it were homeopathic to the case and prescribed according to homeopathic principles...
                          I do not mean "complex remedy" as a 'combination" remedy. Among differant remedies, there can be some simple & safe remedies e.g. most or all tissue salts (being ' homogenous base') , other can be complex because they can have some toxic/posionous substances (being 'hetrogenous' base).

Comment

Well, in my experience, tissue salts given when they are not required in the case can often cause violent reactions (just recently saw a patient under a tissue salt "regime" she was put on--she suffered peritonitis as a result, 2 weeks in hospital, massive danger in avoiding death...was lucky to have a good homeopath get her through that terrifying experience...and she's never going to think about tissue salts as "safe" again).

Arnica, for example, is a made from a flower which, in crude form, is poisonous.
                            But, if it fits the case in pregnancy, it will be an effective way to stop a miscarriage...or heal some bruising from a surgery...so, how does that fit in with your idea of homogenous base (? I'm sure this is not homeopathy)

I mean, this is all basic stuff, Kayveeh--the difference between poison and medicine is simply quantity, as we know. So, all the remedies are benign, and all the remedies are toxic at the same time...it just depends on who gets them and in what circumstances.

After all, Like Cures Like.

Here are some other things which can cause abortions (I'm assuming you mean miscarriages here):

Scary movies
                            Windstorms
                            Shocking news (eg., "You're fired...now that we know you're pregnant.")
                            Eating too much broccoli
                            A fall, even one that isn't all that bad
                            A bad relationship
                            Oh...just about anything at all, if it presents some kind of difficulty to the woman bearing the fetus.

The point is...lots of things can be behind the termination of a pregnancy, including the fact that sometimes this happens for no discernible reason at all.

Trying to use homeopathic medicine to induce abortion really isn't adviseable (the effects are far too difficult to predict). If a woman were trying to terminate a pregnancy, there are far more manageable ways to accomplish this safely.
                            Last edited by Divina; 22nd April 2004, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divina
                              (just recently saw a patient under a tissue salt "regime" she was put on--she suffered peritonitis as a result, 2 weeks in hospital, massive danger in avoiding death..
                              Can you pls tell me that which tissue salt caused this problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X