Bed sores after long illness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed sores after long illness

Female, 45 years of age, diabetic, recently underwent a major surgery involving tumor removal from her pancreas (malignant but contained). As part of surgery, spleen removed with 1/3rd of pancreas.

She had been bed ridden for a month or so and has developed bleeding bed sores which are slow to heal.

Would Calendula ointment be a good choice or some other internal remedy be better suited.

Thanks.

P.S: She has been advised to take Penicilin for life due to spleen removal, any homeopathic alternative for this. She is already taking Diabetes pills.
    Don't take life too seriously, it aint permanent.

Have you stopped beating your wife?.

Whatever we do here is likely to be wrong.
    Sure Calendula [or Hypercal ] ointment will possibly help.
    For what reason is penicillin suggested. It is a broad band antibiotic which very often rouses allergies.It is likely to destroy the remenents of her immune system. Stay away from it if at all possible.
    Assume that she has been given dietary advice . Once knew of a shepherd who was diabetic and never took or needed insulin - but who ONLY ate cabbage!.
    If the spleen is gone she is not recycling her broken down blood products . Pancreas 6x could help as could Phos Acid 3x.
    Need more details to look at it constitutionally .

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Couldn't understand the subject of your reply though ?
      Last edited by fitness first; 20th February 2005, 07:33 PM. Reason: replaced word topic with subject

Comment

hi FItness,
        I would assume that you've been beating your wife with penicillin!

CAlendula tincture locally, or cleaning the bed sore with Spirit calendula tincture is one of the best things to do.

A few doses of Calendula 30C orally would help. Bleeding from new granulation tissue (pink healthy grwoth) is a good sign. Then, furthur dressing it with Calendula powder is helpful.

I really think you need to avoid 'beating' the poor lady with Penicillin everyday. It does not guaruntee anything except, yes the beating... and passkey's misunderstanding
        dr. leela
        http://www.homeopathy2health.com

Comment

Hi Dr. Leela

Thanks a lot for the guidance.

Enjoyed the assumption of passkey of the lady being my wife and to top it all, beating her daily, with penicilin Actually, beating her daily with remedies would be more like me

Regards.

Comment

Palliative Arnica,

Originally posted by fitness first
            Female, 45 years of age, diabetic, recently underwent a major surgery involving tumor removal from her pancreas (malignant but contained). As part of surgery, spleen removed with 1/3rd of pancreas.

She had been bed ridden for a month or so and has developed bleeding bed sores which are slow to heal.

Would Calendula ointment be a good choice or some other internal remedy be better suited.

Thanks.

P.S: She has been advised to take Penicilin for life due to spleen removal, any homeopathic alternative for this. She is already taking Diabetes pills.

Once Iwas called to treat BED SORES only in Diabetic woman.she was under care of well known Diabetologist.She had many other complaints.and on very number of allopathic medicines.
            ARNICA 30/200 ,( ONE DAY Arnica-30 ,single dose ,2nd day Arnica-200, repeating same in once in three days ,healed Bedsores with in one week.

Ramachandra,
            Hyderabad,INDIA

Comment

I had a case recently where Calendula 30 did nothing but Calendula 200 daily cured.
              At college we were told if all else fails , look at Carbo An.
              RSHom - Registered Homeopath

Comment

A word of caution/addition to what Dr.Ramachandra said.

While Arnica internally is o.k. to try, never apply Arnica externally on bleeding/lacerated wounds.

Murthy

Comment

You got some good suggestions here.
                  Calendula is a good remedy.

Bedsores are found to be cured by echinicia external as well as internal application. Another remedy here to think is Acid nit.
                  <a href="http://www.pannakkal.com" target="_blank">www.pannakkal.com</a>

Comment

bedsores use urinetheraphy

bedsores
                    how to heal them with the use of ones own urine.
                    www.urinetherapeutics.com
                    www.biomedx.com/urine
                    great websites on the use of urine for healing.

Gina Tyler

Comment

I am aware of urine therapy and its nearly 2000 year old roots but somehow the other feel disgust about using it either superficially or internally.

Comment

Trental

While I understand this is of course a discussion
                        on homepathic remedies, I have read that the
                        drug pentoxifylline (Trental) has been used with
                        some success in bed sores.
                        Last edited by Tham; 18th March 2005, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X