Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avian Flu

I'm a student in homeopathy.
    I'm wondering if there is any homeopath with live experience of an avian flu case ?
    If not, if there is a known symptomatology particular to this flu-type emerging ?
    What remedy are being thought of ?
    What is the action of the avian flu (fast, moving, upper/lower, mindset) ?

Is it something provoking some reaction in Asia ?
    In Europe where it threats to enter ?

Mat

Mat, the symptoms as of several weeks ago were summarized in this article...

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/353/13/1374

Those cases represent the more virulent ones. There were probably many asymptomatic or minor episodes as well that did not require hospitalization. One important caution is that if h5n1 becomes easily transmitted among humans, it may well be a significantly different strain than what has infected people so far. That could change the remedy picture.

Dr. Leela has also made a good attempt somewhere on this forum at summarizing those symptoms in a manner more useful to homeopathy. I apologize I could not find the thread on that.

Given that it is definitely a serious disease among Asian fowl (tens of thousands of poultry dead, millions more killed to try to prevent its spread), I have wondered recently whether there have ever been any attempts to treat large flocks homeopathically. The disease is endemic in the wild populations, so it is not going away. The idea of vaccinating *billions* of poultry in China is ridiculous, and will probably aid in its spread (assuming they even try, it might just be public relations). So, why not homeopathy, which would be so much cheaper?

Comment

Here is another article describing bird flu symptoms:

http://www.greaterkashmir.com/full_s...D=12506&cat=12

...Most patients have initial symptoms of high fever (typically a temperature of more than 38°C) and an influenza-like illness with lower respiratory tract symptoms. Upper respiratory tract symptoms are present only sometimes. Unlike patients with infections caused by avian influenza A (H7) viruses, patients with avian influenza A (H5N1) rarely have conjunctivitis. Diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, pleuritic pain, and bleeding from the nose and gums have also been reported early in the course of illness in some patients. Watery diarrhea without blood or inflammatory changes appears to be more common than in influenza due to human viruses and may precede respiratory manifestations by up to one week. One report described two patients who presented with an encephalopathic illness and diarrhea without apparent respiratory symptoms.

Lower respiratory tract manifestations develop early in the course of illness and are usually found at presentation. In one series, dyspnea developed a median of 5 days after the onset of illness (range, 1 to 16). Respiratory distress, tachypnea, and inspiratory crackles are common. Sputum production is variable and sometimes bloody. Almost all patients have clinically apparent pneumonia; radiographic changes include diffuse, multifocal, or patchy infiltrates; interstitial infiltrates; and segmental or lobular consolidation with air bronchograms. Radiographic abnormalities were present a median of 7 days after the onset of fever in one study (range, 3 to 17). In Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, multifocal consolidation involving at least two zones was the most common abnormality among patients at the time of admission. Pleural effusions are uncommon. Limited microbiologic data indicate that this process is a primary viral pneumonia, usually without bacterial suprainfection at the time of hospitalization.

Progression to respiratory failure has been associated with diffuse, bilateral, ground-glass infiltrates and manifestations of the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). In Thailand, the median time from the onset of illness to ARDS was 6 days (range, 4 to 13). Multiorgan failure with signs of renal dysfunction and sometimes cardiac compromise, including cardiac dilatation and supraventricular tachyarrhythmias, has been common. Other complications have included ventilator-associated pneumonia, pulmonary hemorrhage, pneumothorax, pancytopenia, Reye’s syndrome, and sepsis syndrome without documented bacteremia...

Comment

Dear Mat
        Please read these links.
        www.globalresearch.ca searchbox;type avian flue
        www.mercola.com searchbox;type avian flue
        these links have already been posted on this forum
        dont worrry about this media` manipulateion of news,the avian flue is a hoax to make profits for big pharma drug company called Roche. (i'm talking billions in profits from the vaccine)
        fear causes mass population to do anything,knowledge is power.
        Vitamin C in large doses will kill this 'suposed' bird flue virus,no need for panic.
        Gina Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by g.tyler
          Vitamin C in large doses will kill this 'suposed' bird flue virus,no need for panic.
          Gina, I think what is missed by comments like that is that someone would need to KNOW there was an effective, available treatment or alternative. I believe there are quite a few ways to beat it back, but in its present form it is a very dangerous fast-acting virus that is just as likely to kill the very healthy. If it becomes easily transmitted without losing much of its virulence, it will be a major scourge across the earth. That does NOT mean that vaccines or prescription anti-virals are necessary. I agree with that part. However, it DOES mean that more than just a very select community (e.g., experienced homeopaths or herbalists) need to be on top of it if more than a relative handful of people are to benefit from that knowledge.

Comment

Hi Dillweed, I had reposted the information at the hapthy forums for a possible future article. HEre it is with teh otherhealth thread reference to the discussion as well.

http://www.hpathy.com/homeopathyforu...?TID=3571&PN=2
            http://www.homeopathy2health.com

Comment

Working...
            X