Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recently diagnosed with Sjogren's: help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently diagnosed with Sjogren's: help!!

Hello all,

So glad I found this website. I live in The Netherlands and I am originally from Peru. My age is 34, married, no children, my mother has osteoporosis and osteopenia.

I've experienced eye dryness since a year. I was recently diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome. Since a week I am using free preservative eye drops called Celluvis (by Allergan). Celluvic is okay but still I have much eye pain when I wake up. I tried looking for other Allergan products in The Netherlands but they are not sold here. However I am experiencing other sympthoms like dry mouth and back pain, speccially in the mornings. In a nutshell I am getting worried!

I'd like to ask about what medicines or what kind of treatment is recommended by homeopathy, and perhaps what has been your experience on Sjogren's patients. I thank you very much in advance for your replies. Thanks again to all of you who collabrate on this forum also!!

Kind regards,
    Giannina
    Leiden, The Netherlands

Dear Giannina Groetjes (hello in dutch) Its probably a side effect due to some of your prescription medication what meds are you taking ?

Homeopathy can surely help with your ailments but due to the fact it's considered chronic it must be done via proper casetaking with a trained homeopath in person ,not here on line,not possible too complicated. The Netherlands has many good homeopaths.

Gina Tyler
    "Great ideas often recieve violent opposition from mediocre minds"...................Einstein

Comment

Sjogren's

Hallo Gina,

Thanks for your advice. I am not taking any meds. Hmmm if it's very complicated I'll have to look for an homeopath over here.
      However, if anyone knows about this treatment I'll be glad to receive any suggestion ... my eyes are not doing well, I am sure they are not.

Groetjes from Leiden!
      Giannina

Comment

Hi

Sorry to hear about your sjogrens.

As Gina says you need to consult a qualified Homeopath.

There is no such thing as one remedy to treat every one with this chronic complaint- homeopathy treats people NOT diseases!

I have been treating a lady with Sjogrens for some time and she is improving but the chances of you needing the same remedy as her are very slim. Homeopathy doesn't work like that !

Comment

Groetjes Giannina, your imbalace you call "sjogrens" is related to a complete immune systemic disfunction,meaning many organs such as kidneys,lungs........muscles,nerves,joints,lymph glands have been impacted. some symptomology is liked RA,Lupus,Myalgia etc............ So to discuss this massive problem here on line is useless. It takes some serious doing to reverse these systemic symptoms you call sjogrens.Homeopaths take the case from all aspects of healing not only your physical problems but also emotional and mental imbalances such as trauma from the past, including environmental toxins,dietary toxins,allopathic prescription toxins......etc.
          Gina Tyler
          "Great ideas often recieve violent opposition from mediocre minds"...................Einstein

Comment

fosforous & nickel on Sjogren's disease?

Hi and thanks a lot for your posts. I've made it to the homeopath! I've just had my first long consultation (miasmatic constitutional makeup?) and I was greatly surprised of the big dive into emotional aspects. Along our chat I was able to realise that as much as I have delayed the decision to go into psicotherapy perhaps it's now time to look closer into it.

Going back to my question, my prescription -as explained by my practitioner- corresponds to the heavier metals, mainly Fosforous and Nickel (4, 4, 4 on the 1st, 7th and 22nd day). Unfortunately I did not have the chance to ask further on this specific prescription. Can somebody help me to clarify on this? how this metals will cure my eye symptoms? why fosforous and/or nickel?

Thanks and best regards,
            Giannina

Comment

Dear G
              I think you meant to say Phosphorus....is that correct?
              Why she/he gave you two different remedies i dont know?Normally its only one at a time specially constitutional prescribing.
              Phos. was picked on the conclusion that it fits all of your symptoms right now (physical/mental/emotional)
              Gina Tyler

Comment

Dear members, dear Gina

-- and even that may not be so, as there is no constitutional prescribing possible with homeopathic remedies. CONSTITUTION is not disease. If this ,,homeopath'', is away with the birds then be it so --

In general, homeoapthic remedies are prescribed on the now present expression of the disease, the disease-symptom-picture and not on layers themes illusions or other unrelated issues.
                Hans Weitbrecht
                HOMEOPATH / IRELAND

Comment

Hello all, dear Hans,

What is the homeopath definition for 'Constitutional'? (Unfortunately your post was actually not fully clear for me).
                  Besides that I am actually a bit afraid that even when my practitioner has now a very good insight on my case -our 1st session lasted two hours-, I might still not receive any specific remedy for the pain in my eyes.

Yanina

Comment

Unfortunately Hans does not accept the

constitutional prescribing that many on this site take for granted, so its no use asking him.

It has long been accepted that illness can only take root in a body that has a hereditary predisposition .

Two remedies that MAY apply are

A- Ruta

B - Euphrasia.

Check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Weitbrecht
                      Dear members, dear Gina

-- and even that may not be so, as there is no constitutional prescribing possible with homeopathic remedies. CONSTITUTION is not disease. If this ,,homeopath'', is away with the birds then be it so --

In general, homeoapthic remedies are prescribed on the now present expression of the disease, the disease-symptom-picture and not on layers themes illusions or other unrelated issues.
                      Hans Weitbrecht,

You are right.The prescription should me made on present disease symptoms and the concomitants.We emphasize on mental symptoms.Who cares.No body will tell you his personal symptoms unless he is alone with the physician and not in one go.It may take months and months and you don't know he is telling truth or not,however about his physical symptoms he is almost always right.For the selection of remedy one must be careful if so called classical method is used.If the person is in emergency and you are asking about his desire and aversions,his likeness and dislikeness,his mental and emotional behaviour--it is just waste of time.The physical symptoms must be completed first in term of location,sensation and modalities then go further.

sajjad.

Comment

Ocular Rosacea, any ideas?

Hello all,

I follow your wise advise and am now seeing an omopath here in Holland.

A month and a half ago he prescribed me Phosphoforo: 3 cristals once per week.

I have to say that my eyes condition has agravated. Also a ‘Stye’ (chalazion) appeared on my left eye lid and recently started to hurt my eye.

I decidedto post once again as I remembered my first diagnosis (before Sjogren's): Dysfunctional meibomian glands. I lokked it up in the internet and these glands dysfunction is common in patients with ‘rosacea’. Indeed when it affects the eyes it is called OCULAR ROSACEA.

I then realized that yes, since I moved to the Netherlands I have developed red pigmentation on my face (although moderated). I’ve noticed it the first time two years ago and started to cover the red areas with standard face make-up. BTW my dry eyes problem also started at this time.

The symptoms I found for ocular rosacea are:

Chronically red eyes and lid margins, Irritated eyelids (blepharitis), Styes (chalazion), Dry, irritated eyes, yes Burning, foreign body sensation.

Said all this, can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!!
                        Yanina

Comment

Im treating someone with this disorder as well. Im curious to know whats happening now any improvement yet?

Comment

Hi Matt,

About my actual status: few days ago I stopped taking phosphoro, but I noticed that other problems I mentioned also to my physician (like anxiety during the night especially or negative thoughts and bruxism also) appeared again. So I went inmediately back to the prescribed dosis.
                            However the eye symptoms still remain.

Could you please be so kind to tell me what would be your overview or comment on this?

Many thanks for your response!!!

Comment

Groetjes yanina

Two questions? Why so many doses of Phos? Is it all the same potency if so this will do nothing. Each time a dose is taken of phos it must be succussed to "UP" the potency a little bit each time.
                              Onset of symptoms you said 'when you moved to the netherlands?" Did you think it might be related to environmental external toxins perhaps herbasides/pesticides.......live near farms Yanina? This drifs aprox 500 miles from field that has been sprayed.
                              When i lived in the netherlands i was always close to some sort of farming property. Anyway this must also be addressed..... The wintermonths are brutal in holland when it snows this can also cause horrible things to happen on your skin,i had the same problem...................Also your symptoms need to re-appear the opposite of the timeline that they appeared. Meaning your newest symptom needs to make it self known first,then amel. Following that your next symptom appear,then amel. and so on.............. Your "Oldest symptom" should re-appear last.

Gina Tyler

Comment

Working...
                              X