A question from Ministry of Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question from Ministry of Health

I received a letter from my friend with few questions. I am putting it with my own words here.

We (homeopaths) claim that diabetes, hepatitis, AIDS and cancer etc is cureable with homeopathy. What do you mean by "cure"?

If a diabetic patient was on insuline than do you mean that he or she can get rid of taking daily insulin after the treatment of homeopathy? Can you provide authentic proof?

If a patient is Hepatitis C, can a virus be removed or killed with homeopathic remedy? I mean a patient was Hep C +ive, can we make it Hep C -ive with homeopathic remedy? Do you have any proof? If yes then we need it to present to ministry of health in Pakistan.

If I get response, then I want to discuss it further. I have to ask few more questions as a professional homeopaths. I will try to send this post to my few friends with a request to send it further with their name at other forums.
    Homeopath

Re: A question from Ministry of Health

With respect to juvenile diabetes it is my understanding that the pancreas does / can not produce any insulin and it is life threatening to take the patient of the insuline. This is what I was thaught in college. However, patients with Type 2 diabetes can regulate their bloodsugar with homoeopathic remedies.

Kind regards,
    Elisabet
    Last edited by jonh; 30th October 2004, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Actually *any* diabetic under treatment needs to have blood sugar levels monitored more diligently, because it is common (or so I understand) for insulin requirements to drop even in a case o childhood diabetes where the pancreas is presumed to be completely inactive.

Shannon
      Last edited by jonh; 30th October 2004, 06:22 PM.

Comment

To provide some proof

Dear Sir,
        I think that you know that all the answers of your question are affirmative. If you want some authentic proof then you have to mail to voiceofhomeopathy@yahoo.com or dhrupodee@yahoo.com then I will try to help you with in our procedure

Dr. Dhiman Roy
        Editor, Bangladesh Homeopathic Journal
        Register Homeopathic Consultant
        Govt. Registration No.: H-464

Comment

Min of H

Seems to be aa misunderstanding about the basics of homeopathy .
          1] the proof referred to is of the scientifically verifiable type and numerous postings on this site will confirm that what we , as homeopaths accept as "proof" is not acceptable to the "scientists "of a Min Of Health!.
          2] To use the words of Kent , homeopathy simply removes the obstacles within the body , that prevent it operating as a self curing mechanism. When that is done the body prceeds to clean its house and put itself in order.
          The body has evolved over millions of years as a self curing organism. BUT any attempt to use crude pharmaceutical drugs , reduce and finally destroy that ability.
          I doubt that your Min of Health would accept that most immunological deficiecies are caused by such things as antibiotics and vaccines. That on a miasmatic level diabetes is the outcome of a previous generation being "cured"
          of gonorrhea with the result that the sycotic miasm is fixed on the gene and manifests in the infant in various ways .
          To quote Allen's Mat Med of Nososdes - " Patient suffering from infantile diarrhea. Remembering the father's history , who had been treated for gonorrhea 18 months before the birth - Medorrhinum was given with perfect cure," or " Girl of 20 had incurable violent cough for many months . When I learned her father had gonorrhea a year before her birth . Then a few doses of Medorrhinum worked like magic." " Leukemia occuring in children of sycotic parents [ i;e . had gonorrhea before child was born] "
          " Among other diseases he traces vascular and cerebro-spinal ,meningitis in infants to sycotic parents."
          "Sycotic children , when one or both parents had gonorrhea , may have cholera infantum , marasmus and be pining children ."
          "I have traced epithelioma, phthisis, cauliflower excrescences, sterility and erosions to a sycotic origin [ parents had 'cured' gonorrhea ] "
          "The suppression of the external manifestations of gonorrhea seem at first to involve the central nervous system functionally and later attack the organism destructively."

Because of the above I developed an antagonism to the use of antibiotics and an opinion that most of todays disease is created by the orthodox medical allopathy and its use of pharmaceuticals .

Comment

Re: Re: A question from Ministry of Health

?? Which came first, the diseases or the medicines? I think it is safe to say that *historically*, diseases came first. Archaeology shows evidence of diseases in "primitive" humans; even wild animals in pristine environment can develop diseases... In earlier days the weak individuals did not tend to live long enough to reproduce, so the gene pool stayed stronger.

But I do not think it would be fair to say that *all* disease is caused by medicine! And will not help our credibility, nor our clear-thinking.

Shannon
            Last edited by jonh; 31st October 2004, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Correction

I did not say that ALL disease is caused by modern strong pharmaceuticals ---
              ONLY that MOST are so caused.
              I would here add an opinion that AIDS originated in the Bath houses of New York
              where the homosexual population had as many as 1,200 sexual partners a year.
              Obviously they ferquently contracted gonorrhea and went to the doc for a shot of antibiotics . Symptoms cured they plunged back into the bath house scene.
              A texbook on venereological medicine [willcox & willcox ] states that both humans & animals have a relative immunity against a second infection if they are left for 3 months before treatment . However if antibiotics are promptly given in the early infection no such immunity develops and immediate reinfection is possible. With the result that each dose of antibiotica degrades the immune system until full blown AIDS is present.
              No doubt that this will also be considered "unhelpful" even if true.

Comment

Dear members. I am grateful for your kind reply. Each answer has value to me. ;)

I again float my question if it is not clear.

(I myself a homeopaths) How do I teach them (official of the ministry of health) that how our remedy cured Hepatis C patient. How a positive c was turned into negative c. If a patient is Hepatitis C, can a virus be removed or killed with homeopathic remedy? I mean a patient was Hep C +ive, can we make it Hep C -ive with homeopathic remedy? Do you have any proof?

I will try to post the photocopy of the letter as well which was actually addressed to another homeopaths who is also the member of this board.

I thank you once again.
                Homeopath

Comment

Hello Arshad.

I have/had a case of Hepatitis C, enlarged liver and spleen, liver enzymes were terrible. Took about a year on remedies with nutritional supports, but all test results are now normal.

This person is considered a 'carrier' by that medical organization. I am not sure if it is 'a cure' and the medical community knowing there was a pathogen there put that in the chart because once you have that disease it is supposedly non curable. Or, perhaps the person is still showing the bacteria or viruses and yet is walking around in decent health. Or, once you have the disase you are considered to continue to have the disease (??) symptoms or not.

Who knows. I doubt the allopathic community is going to accept homeopathy no matter how great our track record, we are a financial competition - so we may just have to continue our work the way we have been going on.

However, I do notice that more and more people are starting to tell the allo docs about their use of alternative treatments.

Warmly, Maria
                  Last edited by jonh; 1st November 2004, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Type 1 Diabetes

Originally posted by IEAgar@aol.com
                    With respect to juvenile diabetes it is my understanding that the pancreas does / can not produce any insulin and it is life threatening to take the patient of the insuline. This is what I was thaught in college. However, patients with Type 2 diabetes can regulate their bloodsugar with homoeopathic remedies.

Kind regards,
                    Elisabet
                    Dear Elisabet
                    While I agree with you that simply removing insulin from Type 1 diabetics is certainly dangerous, it is my understanding and experience that it should be possible to gradually reduce the amount of insulin required.

Although, as you say, the pancreas of a Type 1 diabetic is normally incapable of producing sufficient, and eventually any, insulin due to apparent auto-immune destruction of the beta-cells, I agree with Shannon that homeopathy (and other therapies) can at least reduce the need for insulin. This may be because there is seldom a clear line between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes (i.e. insulin resistance often seems to occur in Type 1 diabetics and may even be a causative factor through increased demands on the pancreas) and therefore homeopathic treatment may be working to reduce the element of insulin resistance exactly as it does in Type 2 patients.

However, we should not, I think, dismiss the possibility that Type 1 diabetes may actually be curable through homeopathic treatment (although I have found no real evidence in modern literature and only tantalisingly vague statements in the older material). Yet it is interesting to discover that the belief that regeneration of the islets of Langerhans is impossible may well be a myth. For evidence, see the research papers of Shanmugasundaram ERB, et al - Madras University (?) circa 1990. While this research relates to a herbal supplement, it should encourage us to be more ambitious in our treatment of diabetic patients - rather than assuming there is no point in trying.

I am not saying that this is straightforward or that I have a cure. What I am trying to stress is that sometimes in trying to be safe (as we should be of course) and acceptable to orthodox medical opinion (which we probably shouldn't be), is it possible that we may be cheating our patients of the possibility of cure?
                    Kind Regards,
                    Gordon.

Comment

Dear Maria, (maria is a beautiful name)

you said "Who knows. I doubt the allopathic community is going to accept homeopathy no matter how great our track record, we are a financial competition - so we may just have to continue our work the way we have been going on."

Let me assure you there is no such thing that ministry is not interested in accepting anything. They have made up their minds that they want to give more privilage to homeopathy with other systems. Due to this interest they sent letter. They say come to office and satisfy us how the virus was gone or killed. (Remember we have to explain the complete procedure by using medical terminolgy) If we satisfy them with some authentic data then they will give us 10 to 20 hepatitis C (confirmed patient), then we have to give them time of treatment may be one, three or six months (what ever we demand). If we can cure 70 percent then they will recommend a new homeopathic department in health care sector of veterinary. (Remember homeopathic department for human is already established but reasonable benefits are not available. Govt is reluctant to allocate budge for them. )

If any member give me assurity then I can afford to call him / her to visit Pakistan and satisfy them with their work and reasonings. ;)

hope you have followed what I am trying to say.
                      Homeopath

Comment

RE: Re: A question from Ministry of Health- diabetes

Originally posted by Gordon
                        However, we should not, I think, dismiss the possibility that Type 1 diabetes may actually be curable through homeopathic treatment (although I have found no real evidence in modern literature and only tantalisingly vague statements in the older material). Yet it is interesting to discover that the belief that regeneration of the islets of Langerhans is impossible may well be a myth. For evidence, see the research papers of Shanmugasundaram ERB, et al - Madras University (?) circa 1990. While this research relates to a herbal supplement, it should encourage us to be more ambitious in our treatment of diabetic patients - rather than assuming there is no point in trying.
                        Yes, indeed conventional researchers don't think that type 1 will be"incurable" in the future, so why should we? One current method forrestoring (chemically damaged) islets in mice involves the use of Freund'sadjuvant, which I found interesting because it contains "inactivated" tubercular material. I say interesting because some old references mention the use of Tub bov in addition to a constitutional remedy in curing juvenile cases of presumably type 1 diabetes. Also for a while it was thought that BCG vaccine could prevent or treat Type 1 (wrong) so a link has been considered for a while.

Anything "they" do we should be able to do better. Hahnemann said that the only curative results occur through homeopathic action. In the mouse regimen, the spleen supplies stem cells to replace the destroyed islets, after the auto-immune action is terminated by the use of Freund's adjuvant; crude, but apparently effective. Unfortunately I don't have the details, other steps are involved. The bottom line is that at least under certain circumstances, a cure occurs in all these mice without an islet cell transplant or chronic immune suppression. So I agree, it is premature to say there is no possibility of cure, although perhaps there may be a time limit of a few years after onset. This is what current conventional researchers are saying, so we are behind the ball if we don't recognize that and get more serious about trying to actually achieve cures.

I think possibly we have been less successful because we don't use nosodes as chronic intercurrents enough to help rid these kids of the persistent viral infections from vaccines, particularly in my mind, MMR. That dreadful vaccine targets nerve cells, lymph cells and islet and other endocrine cells, as well as often containing huge doses of mercury which poison nerves (loss of neurolemma protecting islets is the first visible cellular lesion documented in type 1 diabetes) and inhibits the natural immune response, aiding the establishment of a persistent viral infection.

Kris
                        Last edited by jonh; 2nd November 2004, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Hm, Arshad, how *does* a remedy do its work? Hahnemann's explanation is probably not the sort they have in mind--"artificial disease" displacing "natural disease", and then being in turn thrown off by the "vital force"...

At a mechanical or biochemical level we don't *know* how the remedy eliminates viruses etc., but mightn't the most reasonable "theory" be simply that the body's own immune defenses are refined, and the viruses are eliminated through the enhanced workings of the body's own defense/homeostatic mechanisms--white blood cells and other immune factors?

Shannon
                          Last edited by jonh; 2nd November 2004, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Neuhaus
                            I think possibly we have been less successful because we don't use nosodes as chronic intercurrents enough to help rid these kids of the persistent viral infections from vaccines, particularly in my mind, MMR. That dreadful vaccine targets nerve cells, lymph cells and islet and other endocrine cells, as well as often containing huge doses of mercury which poison nerves (loss of neurolemma protecting islets is the first visible cellular lesion documented in type 1 diabetes) and inhibits the natural immune response, aiding the establishment of a persistent viral infection.

Kris
                            Yes, it seems obvious that infant and childhood vaccination programmes in general should, by their nature, at least be considered as a possible cause of not just diabetes but any auto-immune or allergic condition. Well, obvious unless you are part of the medical/political establishment.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts or experience regarding giving vaccines (especially MMR and also I suspect DPT) back in potency in these cases as a better and safer alternative to the Freunds adjuvant stage of the treatment you described - i.e. first step being to halt the tendency to auto-immune destruction of islet cells. Perhaps then constitutional treatment along with organ support for pancreas and spleen may be the key to producing new beta cells which would not then be destroyed.

This is just my speculation of course - what is much needed is for homeopaths to publish their experience in treating juvenile diabetes, unsuccessful as well as successful. (Oh and please note, I am not suggesting that patients be taken off insulin other than gradually in response to lower blood glucose readings. I suppose sudden hypos would also need to be guarded against, though I see this as being an unlikely response as normal feedback mechanism should prevent the pancreas releasing excess insulin, even when it is capable of doing so again. But I wonder if this may even be a reason we do not hear of cures - if patients do not actively reduce injected insulin, the bloodstream will generally be flooded with insulin and even a potentially working pancreas is not going to secrete more - or am I wrong about this?)

Gordon.

Comment

Min of H

One or two remarks. In dealing with syphilis a respected textbook on Venereological Medicine points out that , in order not to kill the host , and thus itself survive . Syphilis will become avirulent . In this case it will do no harm to the host , but will be communicable to any other party not so protected. This would also apply to varieties of Hepatitis. Also I am aware of an examination of an elderly lady who had never had any sexual contact - who nevertheless had avirulent syphilis circulating in the CSF. Presumably inherited.
                              The use of nosodes should be investigated more thoroughly as often diabetes is grafted on to genetic heritage by so called "cured" infections of previous genetaions. See below.

Comment

Working...
                              X