Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Socket

Dear List Members,

Can anyone suggest which remedy to take for a dry socket developed after molar tooth extraction?

Much obliged,
    Rima
    Last edited by jonh; 21st December 2004, 10:30 AM.

Dry?.

Dry in what sense ?. Do you mean that there is no normal mucus in the socket?.

Comment

Re: Re: Dry Socket

"Dry socket" means that the blood clot has been flushed away (or didn't form???). This is what normally would give the wound some protection, and in its absence I think there's just a lot of pain (if I'm remembering right). Maybe calendula compress and/or internal?

Shannon

Comment

RE: Dry Socket

i replied to rima to try ruta because i have seen it work often, trauma to bone covering is the reasoning! dana ulmans homeopathy for the 21st century also mentions belladona for throbing pains with redness around gums. coffea for unbearable pains that cause the person to be very restless temporarily relived by cold water. hepar sulph for pain that is hypersensitive to touch and cold. and silicia for help in the final stages when the clot utimately needs to be detached he also mentions mouth washes os salvia infusions to dimish some of the pain thank you dana i got my money out of that book the dental chapter has saved me more then once. any symptoms rima? what does it feel like? what makes it better ? worse?

mike law
        Last edited by jonh; 22nd December 2004, 11:16 AM.

Comment

RE: Dry Socket

murphy rubric dry tooth sockets arn, plan, and RUTA as a 2

hey rima did you take arnica after extraction?

mike law
          Last edited by jonh; 22nd December 2004, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Re: Dry Socket

Sorry for not replying earlier - been having some server problems.

Hello Mike,

No I did not take Arnica. My symptoms are intense pain 3 days after extraction. Today I have a dull pain. I also have headaches on and off. Quite a miserable situation. I am trying the Ruta though, thanks to you, and it is now a dull pain. Also rinsing with Calendula. Today I see the Oral Surgeon. Will update you.

Thank you much,
            Rima

Comment

Working...
            X