ayahuasca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ayahuasca

Is anyone able to provide detailed materia medica on Ayahuasca? I would be grateful for any resources.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Joan Kikos

Re: ayahuasca

Ayahuasca can be a mix of several different botanicals...see:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ayah...yahuasca.shtml
    Last edited by jonh; 11th July 2005, 11:14 PM.

Comment

hello
      You might want to ask a homeopath with the name; asa Hershoff in LA california USA he might have some info on this.

Gina Tyler

Comment

Some time back I was trying to sort it out, and it seems that in *some* places ayahuasca does mean a mixture, but in other places it means the vine bani-c. But when I tried to *find* the remedy bani-c, I was not able to (gave up and did something else instead), and the place I found (a remedy called) ayahuasca (Hahnemann pharmacy) seemed indeed to have it from the mixture, rather than just the vine bani-c. But I definitely read reference to bani-c being also called ayahuasca. (Which seems odd, because I also read that the bani-c is not the ingredient responsible for the dramatic effects of the mixture ayahuasca.) I can't now remember just what I read or where, but will let you know, Rochelle, if I find it!

Shannon

Comment

Hello
          Yes it is a combination of several plants in one mixture,not only one vine.

Gina Tyler

Comment

AW: ayahuasca

I know that www.remedia.at have bani-c (Banisteriopsis caapi ex cortice, i.e. made from the bark of the vine, just like the hallucinogen). The owner went to the rainforest himself and collected the vine. He lived with the Indios for a couple of weeks and has some interesting stories to tell...

-- Chris Kurz.

Comment

Re: AW: ayahuasca

Thanks, Chris!

But when I click the link, I get a message of "The attempt to load 'Accessing URL:http://www.remedia.at/de/index.htm' failed." Do you (or anyone) know why that might be?

Shannon

Comment

RE: AW: ayahuasca

go directly to
                http://www.remedia.at/en/arzneidetail.12.html#2410
                and you'll find the info about Banisteriopsis caapi ex cortice.

Or:
                http://www.remedia.at/de/suche.html?q=banist
                will show you all Banists....

Best,

Gaby

Comment

Re: AW: ayahuasca

Thanks Gaby, that worked.

Does anyone know what's different (remedywise) between banisteriopsis caapri and the "ex cortice" form? Previously I hadn't seen "ex cortice" mentioned, so I assume the remedy abbreviated in my Complete rep as "bani-c" is the former (whole vine???) rather than the latter? The remedy (in its various forms) is fascinating, and all the apparent confusion around it is also!

Shannon

Comment

Nancy Herrick conducted a proving of ayahuasca and it is published in her new book.

Melanie Grimes

Comment

(no subject)

I would like to thank everyone who responded so generously to my request for
                      info. on ayahuasca .
                      Regards,
                      Joan Kikos

Comment

Originally posted by dated 11/07/2005
                        Nancy Herrick conducted a proving of ayahuasca and it is published in her new book.

Originally posted by dated 11/07/2005
                        Yes it is a combination of several plants in one mixture,not only one vine.
                        Catching up on VERY old posts - did no one mention Madeline Evans' MEDITATIVE PROVINGS?, which contains Ayahuasca (described as 'a South American climbing plant'). This is the one I use, although I'm a Herrick fan and will buy her new book when it turns up over here (England).

Meditative provings as a concept was much too squirrelly for me when I started prescribing (a mere two and a half years ago: seems like two and a half decades) but I was converted by listening to some hard-headed, experienced homeopaths' tales of wonders done. My Evans is now as tatty as my Murphy and Morrison. (And there's a new Evans coming out! Hurray!)

Robin

Comment

Working...
                        X