base lotions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• base lotions

Has anyone any experience of making their own homeopathic creams and lotions?
    What is the best base to use ?

Re: base lotions

aqueous cream or beeswax

Comment

Add to those two: pure lanolin

Comment

Thanks for that
        I looked at aqueous but some seem to have lots of additives.
        I want something that is pure with no animals involved !!

Comment

I usually use petroleum jelly.

Comment

Petroleum jelly is mineral oil based and not natural, so if you were looking for a good base to put a homeopathic remedy in, I would suggest something a little more holistic, such as a vegetable based cream or oil.
            There are all sorts available such as vegetable based sorbelene, coconut oils, etc. even sweet almond oil or olive oil is a good carrier.
            Try an aromatherapy supplier as they often use non mineral oil based or acqueous creams that would be compatible with remedies.

Comment

Re: Re: base lotions

Hi,

Look at coconut oil, or check out olive oil, liquid though it might be.

Warmly, Maria

Comment

Lotion

Use petroleum jelly

Rating
                Satisfactory

Benefits
                Applied nightly to my face for one month resulted in improved texture and appearance.

Drawbacks
                The product leaves the skin greasy for quite some time.

Comment

Petroleum not "natural"? Of course it is, it occurs as a "natural" substance...whether the result of vegetable/animal decomposition or (fill in your theory here) it is not un-natural.

Comment

if you are going apply a remedy topically, why would you put it in a base that is not inert?
                    Petroleum is a remedy for skin conditions and as you can see from the link, it can cause skin irritation is susceptible persons.
                    I know that it has been used by many people to help their skin conditions, such as chapped hands,nappy rash and the like, but how can you be sure that it doesn't interfere with the action of a homeopathic remedy? Surely this is against the principles of classical homeopathy.

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/m7700.htm

Comment

if you are going apply a remedy topically, why would you put it in a base that is not inert?
                      ?? Why against principles of classical homeopathy?

Lactose can also cause trouble in susceptible individuals...

Shannon
                      Last edited by jonh; 28th August 2005, 10:47 PM.

Comment

When the remedies were being proved they were tested in accordance with the Organon

the 6th Edition records

Aphorism 123
                        Each of these medicines must be taken in a perfectly simple, unadulterated for; the indigenous plant in the form of freshly expressed juice, mixed with a little alcohol to prevent it spoiling; exotic vegetable substances, however in the form of powder, or tincture prepared with alcohol when they were in the fresh state, and afterwards mingled with a certain proportion of water; salts and gums, however, should be dissolved in water just before being taken........

Aphorism 124
                        For these experiments every medicinal substance must be employed quite alone and perfectly pur, without the admixture of any foreign substance and without taking anything else of a medicinal nature the same day nor yet on the subsequent days, not during all the time we wish to observe the effects of the medicine

Whilst doses were given 'on a empty stomach daily form 4-6 very small globules of the 30th potency of such a substance, moistened with a little water or dissoved in more or less water..." (aph 128)

Aphorisms 267 268 and footnotes 143-145 discuss the crude substancesand their preparation.
                        Aphorism 270 ( & footnote 150) discusses the use of grains of milk sugar in the trituration and dynamization processes.

I accept that some are suceptible to effects of lactose
                        I also accept that some are suceptible to effects of alcohol

but, my arguement lies with the premise that the remedies have been proved and accepted into the Materia Medica on the basis of an alcohol or lactose base - not a petroleum jelly base.

Comment

homeolist@otherhealth.com wrote:

if you are going apply a remedy topically, why would you put it in a
                          base that is not inert?

>>>>

What base is in fact "inert" for *everyone*?

---------------------------------
                          Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

Comment

Maybe the more important question is, why one wants to give a remedy topically in the first place... If the issue is simply to give a dose, that can be done by putting the medicated water/alcohol onto the skin, onto the lips, etc. If the remedy is being given specifically for a skin condition, the Organon does give special instructions about that. And if the aim is simply to soothe (palliate) a skin condition, then issues of homeopathic principle aren't really involved (of course that's assuming that the topical application isn't a suppressive one).

Shannon

Comment

homeolist@otherhealth.com wrote:

(snip)

but, my arguement lies with the premise that the remedies have been
                              proved and accepted into the Materia Medica on the basis of an alcohol
                              or lactose base - not a petroleum jelly base.

>>>>

Petroleum jelly is not a "base" but a vehicle, as would bee's and

other waxes, lanolin, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X