Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more scientific: Allopathy or Homeopathy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Nancy Malik View Post
    Arndt-Schultz law:

This law states that, 'Minimal (minute: below its toxicity threshold) doses (weak stimuli) of a drug stimulate (increases physiological activity), medium doses inhibit or suppress and large doses (strong stimuli) abolish/destroy cellular activity.'
    We have been there, earlier in this thread. Arndt-Schultz 'law' is not a law, it's a theory, and it is no longer accepted. Hormesis is in its place.

Anyway, neither theory supports homeopathy, because we are talking about a dose-dependent, pharmacological reaction.

Hans
    You have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts.

Comment

• Arndt-Schultz law

In simple words, substances vary in action depending on whether the concentration is high, medium, or low

The idea/concept of ‘Arndt-Schultz law’ had first been mentioned by P.A. Paracelsus (1493-1541). He said, “All things are poison and nothing is without poison, only the dose permits something not to be poisonous." He said, “It depends only on the dose whether a poison is poison or not”.
      http://drnancymalik.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Arndt-Schultz law

1896: Hueppe, a bacteriologist extended the findings to bacteria

1943: Southam and Ehrlich coined the term 'hormesis' to describe this.
        Hormesis is an adaptive response that is induced by stimulation at low doses and inhibition at high doses. Hormesis ensures homeo-stasis is maintained.

1945: Miller et al. confirmed that at low doses penicillin actually stimulated the growth of Staphylococcus.

Comment

• scientific research published in journals

British Journal of PodiatryRuta Graveolens 30C for the treatment of pain in plantar fasciitis (foot) (2000)

Comment

1896: Hueppe, a bacteriologist extended the findings to bacteria

1943: Southam and Ehrlich coined the term 'hormesis' to describe this.
            Hormesis is an adaptive response that is induced by stimulation at low doses and inhibition at high doses. Hormesis ensures homeo-stasis is maintained.

1945: Miller et al. confirmed that at low doses penicillin actually stimulated the growth of Staphylococcus.
            And what has this to do with homeopathy?

Hans

Comment

A homeopathic journal promoting homeopathy. Sure.....

Hans

Comment

• British Medical Journal (British Medical Association)

Effect of Homoeopathic Treatment on Fibrositis | National Center for Homeopathy (1989) //Rhus Tox 6C for fibromyalgia (earlier known as fibrositis) (Pain & Inflammation in muscles)

Comment

British Medical Journal (British Medical Association)

Effect of Homoeopathic Treatment on Fibrositis | National Center for Homeopathy (1989) //Rhus Tox 6C for fibromyalgia (earlier known as fibrositis) (Pain & Inflammation in muscles)
                  1989? So, that treatment will now have been mainstream choice for that disease for the last 10 years or so, since no other viable treatment exists. No? I wonder why.

Hans

Comment

• Cancer
                    Homeopathic medication TRAUMEEL S in the treatment of chemotherapy-induced stomatitis (2001) FULL TEXT

Comment

I assume that study was never repeated with a proper group size?

How come it is normally 'single dose, single remedy, individualized', but when some study seems to have a positive outcome, mixed remedy, no individualization, and repeated doese is suddenlt good homeopathy?

Hans

Comment

• Cahrs de Biotherapie (French) meaning CARS Biotherapy (English)

“Preparation for Birth by Homeopathy: Experimentation by Double-Blind Versus Placebo”, Pierre Dorfman, Marie Noel Lasserre. and Max Tetau, 94 (April 1987): 77-81 //The average labor time of the women given homeopathy was 5.1 Hours, while the Placebo Group was 8.5 Hours. Only 11.3% of women given homeopathy had any abnormal labor, while 40% of Placebo Group had an abnormal labour

Comment

• Chest (American College of Chest Physicians)

Kali bichromicum 30C for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in critically ill patients (2005) FULL TEXT

Comment

• I can see we're back to you spamming links to all kinds of stuff. I read the article, suggest a counterargument, and you ignore it and spam another.

Sorry, Nancy, I have no time for that. All published trials have, of course, been seen and evaluated by the world, and if any of them had any merit, there would have been a reaction.

Hans

Comment

• Originally posted by MRC_Hans View Post
                              I can see we're back to you spamming links to all kinds of stuff. I read the article, suggest a counterargument, and you ignore it and spam another.

Sorry, Nancy, I have no time for that. All published trials have, of course, been seen and evaluated by the world, and if any of them had any merit, there would have been a reaction.

Hans
                              If you think the paper has shortcomings, do you have reported the flaw to the authors of paper or journal editors. If yes, and if they have not been accepted by them, that means your criticism is baseless.

Comment

If you think the paper has shortcomings, do you have reported the flaw to the authors of paper or journal editors. If yes, and if they have not been accepted by them, that means your criticism is baseless.
                                Ha ha, no I haven't reported them. And even if the authors did not accept my criticism, it would not necessarily mean it was baseless.

Several of the papers you link to have already been discussed at lenght, on internet forums and elsewhere.

However, all that is not the point, Nancy. The point is that I have better things to do than read a lot of papers you dig up and have you ignore my comments.

Remember, the proof or non-proof of homeopathy is not MY problem. It is the homeopaths' problem.

Hans

Comment

Working...
                                X