New movie on the science of healing: The Living Matrix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New movie on the science of healing: The Living Matrix

New Movie on the Science of Healing 'The Living Matrix' Featuring Arielle Essex

Hi all,

Apologies if you were already aware of this new movie release, but thought I'd share it with you. I watched it the other day and thought it was great.

The Living Matrix focuses on the new science of healing and includes a new perspective on health as we all begin to take responsibility for our own well-being.

It features Arielle Essex, and her story of how she used NLP to help her overcome a brain tumour.

I've written a review here http://tinyurl.com/cu7bvb- there's also the movie trailer, so you can see what you think.

If anyone has already seen it too would love to know what you thought!

Kerry Needs
    Whole Science

If you look closely, you'll notice the science is missing

Hi, Kerry. You say:

"The Living Matrix focuses on the new science of healing and includes a new perspective on health as we all begin to take responsibility for our own well-being."

TLM claims to be about science, but it fails to deliver on that promise. There are no links to any scientific papers on either the DVD or the movie's webpage. The movie is about speculation, not science.

Some of the speculation contains gross factual errors. Dr. Dietmar Cimbal claims that direction shifts in flocks of birds are "instantaneous" and cites that speculation as evidence of "the field". Scientists have recorded movement of flocks with high-speed cameras; direction shifts are definitely not instantaneous. I have a full writeup of this here in my blog.

There are other points in the movie where experts claim that "fields" can only explain certain behaviors. One of those is the specialization of cells in the developing embryo; some recent science proposes a far simpler mechanism for specialization. I provide a reference to that science paper in my full review of the movie.

In the age of HTML hyperlinks, it is trivial to provide links to scientific papers -- where the real science lives. I did it in both articles I mentioned above. The failure of the moviemakers to provide links should be bothersome to anyone who was expecting to see real science. I have also asked the producers of the movie if they plan to create an errata page on their website to track any factual errors; I haven't gotten a reply to my query.

The movie is slick and well-produced. The healing stories are inspiring. My main objection is the movie's repeated speculation: "We can't explain this, therefore ... quantum physics must be involved!"

My personal speculation: perhaps the real explanations are far simpler.

Comment

Working...
    X