Physician's Assessment of Flu Vaccines in Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physician's Assessment of Flu Vaccines in Pregnancy

This Physician's Assessment of Flu Vaccines in Pregnancy - SafeMinds Autism Environment

Date: 24 Sep 2014

By Cindy Schneider, M.D., SafeMinds Scientific & Clinical Advisory Board Member

Primum non nocore, the philosophy attributed to Hippocrates, is taught to every medical student in the country. A doctor has two objectives at all times: The obvious objective is to heal, but the overruling objective, before all others, is to do no harm.

All interventions carry some risk, and we often accept these risks. A patient with cancer may willingly undergo chemotherapy with full knowledge that there will be serious, even potentially life-threatening side effects.

When the risk of doing nothing is quite high, the risk of any given intervention may be justifiable. But the burden of proof of safety should be far greater for interventions designed to prevent illness, rather than treat it.

Vaccinations are such an example.

Vaccines are given to healthy individuals in the hope that they will provide protection against infection.

But hope is not science. We will explore the science....

...In addition to the unwanted inflammatory and immune-stimulating effects of flu vaccines, there are many concerns about their formulation. Mercury, a potent neurotoxin, is found in the preservative thimerosal, which is 49.6% ethylmercury by weight. Because the FDA recommended the immediate reduction or elimination of mercury in infant vaccines in 1999 and the 2001 Institute of Medicine report on thimerosal recommended “full consideration be given by appropriate professional societies and government agencies to removing thimerosal from vaccines administered to infants, children, and pregnant women in the Unites States,” many people, including physicians, are under the impression that all vaccines are now mercury free. As most of our readers know, that is NOT the case...

...I have included a list of references cited for your doctors or other health care providers to review and I encourage you to print this article and bring it to your doctor’s office. Please help us educate both physicians and the general public by sharing this information by email, Facebook, and printed copies.

As a physician, researcher, and mother of two adults with autism, I have studied this subject extensively. In the face of so much evidence of risk and an unconvincing promise of benefit, I cannot recommend vaccinations of any kind during pregnancy.

Hippocrates would agree....

This Physician's Assessment of Flu Vaccines in Pregnancy - SafeMinds Autism Environment

Originally posted by courier View Post

Date: 24 Sep 2014

By Cindy Schneider, M.D., SafeMinds Scientific & Clinical Advisory Board Member

Primum non nocore, the philosophy attributed to Hippocrates, is taught to every medical student in the country. A doctor has two objectives at all times: The obvious objective is to heal, but the overruling objective, before all others, is to do no harm.

All interventions carry some risk, and we often accept these risks. A patient with cancer may willingly undergo chemotherapy with full knowledge that there will be serious, even potentially life-threatening side effects.

When the risk of doing nothing is quite high, the risk of any given intervention may be justifiable. But the burden of proof of safety should be far greater for interventions designed to prevent illness, rather than treat it.

Vaccinations are such an example.

Vaccines are given to healthy individuals in the hope that they will provide protection against infection.

But hope is not science. We will explore the science....

...In addition to the unwanted inflammatory and immune-stimulating effects of flu vaccines, there are many concerns about their formulation. Mercury, a potent neurotoxin, is found in the preservative thimerosal, which is 49.6% ethylmercury by weight. Because the FDA recommended the immediate reduction or elimination of mercury in infant vaccines in 1999 and the 2001 Institute of Medicine report on thimerosal recommended “full consideration be given by appropriate professional societies and government agencies to removing thimerosal from vaccines administered to infants, children, and pregnant women in the Unites States,” many people, including physicians, are under the impression that all vaccines are now mercury free. As most of our readers know, that is NOT the case...

...I have included a list of references cited for your doctors or other health care providers to review and I encourage you to print this article and bring it to your doctor’s office. Please help us educate both physicians and the general public by sharing this information by email, Facebook, and printed copies.

As a physician, researcher, and mother of two adults with autism, I have studied this subject extensively. In the face of so much evidence of risk and an unconvincing promise of benefit, I cannot recommend vaccinations of any kind during pregnancy.

Hippocrates would agree....

thats nice!

Comment

Working...
    X