No announcement yet.

what makes a remedy " constitutional"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what makes a remedy " constitutional"?

CONSTITUTIONAL AND POLYCREST REMEDIES

It seems to me that there is a gray area in the definition of constitutional remedies. I will try to define my understanding . The old masters defined constitutional as relating to the underlying miasmatic classification in any patient . We all stand in some relationship to one of the miasmatic classes . [ See the miasms section on this BB ].
    A polycrest is a remedy with a wide range of applications , such as Silica ,Sulphur , Calcarea etc .
    To try to clarify this let us look at Natrum Muriaticum .
    Nat Mur can be used in four separate ways .
    [1] In its constitutional state it relates to the Sycotic Miasm .It is happy near the sea and often all problems will vanish on a sea voyage. Returning on reaching land again. It hates sympathy/pity. Will hobble away after a fall, fending off helpers and saying “ I’m O.K. “ Tends to keep people at ‘arms length ‘.The upper body emaciates while the lower remains plump.

[2] In its polycrest role it has use where there is dry peeling lips , cold sores , a liking for
    [or a dislike of ] salt . Has a shiny skin [ which it shares with Thuja – another Sycotic remedy ] . Dryness of mucous membranes [ particularly the vaginal in the female ] . It is one of the remedies with tickle/stick in throat .

[3] When a case has been mixed up by incorrect prescribing , it can be used high [10m ,CM] to bring the case back to ‘square one’ . Allowing a fresh look to be taken when things have settled . Sometimes it can be used to clear the ground after the grossly suppressive use of steroids .

[4] It is said that more cases of leukemia and anemia have been cured with Nat Mur , than any other remedy .

Originally posted by passkey View Post
    CONSTITUTIONAL AND POLYCREST REMEDIES

It seems to me that there is a gray area in the definition of constitutional remedies. I will try to define my understanding . The old masters defined constitutional as relating to the underlying miasmatic classification in any patient . We all stand in some relationship to one of the miasmatic classes . [ See the miasms section on this BB ].
    A polycrest is a remedy with a wide range of applications , such as Silica ,Sulphur , Calcarea etc .
    To try to clarify this let us look at Natrum Muriaticum .
    Nat Mur can be used in four separate ways .
    [1] In its constitutional state it relates to the Sycotic Miasm .It is happy near the sea and often all problems will vanish on a sea voyage. Returning on reaching land again. It hates sympathy/pity. Will hobble away after a fall, fending off helpers and saying “ I’m O.K. “ Tends to keep people at ‘arms length ‘.The upper body emaciates while the lower remains plump.

[2] In its polycrest role it has use where there is dry peeling lips , cold sores , a liking for
    [or a dislike of ] salt . Has a shiny skin [ which it shares with Thuja – another Sycotic remedy ] . Dryness of mucous membranes [ particularly the vaginal in the female ] . It is one of the remedies with tickle/stick in throat .

[3] When a case has been mixed up by incorrect prescribing , it can be used high [10m ,CM] to bring the case back to ‘square one’ . Allowing a fresh look to be taken when things have settled . Sometimes it can be used to clear the ground after the grossly suppressive use of steroids .

[4] It is said that more cases of leukemia and anemia have been cured with Nat Mur , than any other remedy .
    thanks for sharing it!

Comment

Working...
    X