The information contained on OtherHealth.com arises by way of discussion between contributors and should not be treated as a substitute for the advice provided by your own personal physician or other health care professional. None of the contributions on this site are an endorsement by the site owners of any particular product, or a recommendation as to how to treat any particular disease or health-related condition. If you suspect you have a disease or health-related condition of any kind, you should contact your own health care professional immediately.
Please consult personally with your own health care professional before starting any diet, exercise, supplementation or medication program.
In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, unwarranted discussion of personalities, personal attacks and purposeless or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, short nonsense posts, or the like.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system in a manner that breaches these Rules.
- Except for 'In Your Own Language' these are English-speaking forums; moderators will use discretion in removing foreign-language posts or parts of posts, but their exercise of that discretion is final.
- We do not allow posts that violate OtherHealth community standards. The OtherHealth team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and does not violate community standards.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about commercial products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts save in the Classified Ads Forum. Also, we would appreciate it if you would refrain from commenting here on other bulletin boards.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
Please do not use the PM system to report posts to moderators. The Report Post button is available for this purpose, and itself should only be used with discretion; in obvious cases that we might have missed (i.e. several days have passed with no action; or some member has posted something very offensive calling for immediate action).
Please understand that the Report Post button is not, however, there as a method for members to suggest how to moderate. If this becomes a habit for any member, it will be viewed as trolling.
Please direct the focus to participation on the board, and not on how the board is moderated.
Threads, private messages or emails to members that advertise or solicit any products or services are not permitted except in the Classified Ads Forum. Explicit advertising in signatures is also prohibited.
Links in Sigs
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines:
- Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that otherwise offends these Rules.
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is not permitted.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial is allowed, provided the site does not violate OtherHealth community standards. The OtherHealth team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a sig are not allowed.
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
- Animated images in sigs are not allowed
The Coffee Shop Forum is where members can gather to chat about almost anything. If you have a question that doesn't fit into any other forum, or just want to chat, this is the place.
Thank you for following these Rules.